Faverolles Thread

HELP HELP HELP!!!

I lost my only Standard Salmon fav roo the other night and need to replace him with one or two and would love some more girls too. I live in VT and would be willing to drive a little too. I am also going to be in Harrisburg PA mid january and could pick some up then as well if you are in that area. Will have horses with me so wouldn't be able to stray to far off path.
Please HELP!!!
Jen

P.M. me please as I have a hard time following the post paths.

meet Spike, a possible color project cockerel i think i will be keeping. he just came back to me after i thought he found a home-long story that i think most of us would understand when it comes to trying to sneak chickens past our spouses
roll.png

25630_im000479.jpg

unfortunately he has fused 5th toes and a little bit of red/orange bleed in his back feathers. still has the wonderful personality and just started crowing at 4 1/2 months old. i'm thinking he is going to be LF so i may be looking for a few LF girls for him in the spring. Keesmom, i think i could work with you on your Ermine color project with him! his color looks more like it is a silver laced like in the cochins so when i put it in the calculator against a columbian/ermine it gave me both that color and silver laced as possible results!

Chickie'sMoma :

meet Spike, a possible color project cockerel i think i will be keeping. he just came back to me after i thought he found a home-long story that i think most of us would understand when it comes to trying to sneak chickens past our spouses
roll.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25630_im000479.jpg
unfortunately he has fused 5th toes and a little bit of red/orange bleed in his back feathers. still has the wonderful personality and just started crowing at 4 1/2 months old. i'm thinking he is going to be LF so i may be looking for a few LF girls for him in the spring. Keesmom, i think i could work with you on your Ermine color project with him! his color looks more like it is a silver laced like in the cochins so when i put it in the calculator against a columbian/ermine it gave me both that color and silver laced as possible results!

Wow, he's gorgeous! How on earth does one sneak a chicken past a spouse......?? I can see sneaking ice cream bars behind his back but I don't think I could sneak a chicken past mine lol​

Chickie'sMoma :

roll.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25630_im000479.jpg

What happened??? I thought he had found a good family.

BTW, I have a bunch of little blues running around half naked too. Seem to be molting a little early.​

Quote:
What happened??? I thought he had found a good family.

BTW, I have a bunch of little blues running around half naked too. Seem to be molting a little early.

it was a good home for him but the lady that took him didn't ask her husband before she brought him home. during the same week she had also received a puppy from her aunt who breeds them and hadn't asked him either and apparently she was trying to make a compromise with the hubby so Spike had to go and she was kind enough to ask me before re-homing him.

oh, and for me it is sort of easy to sneak chickens into the coop. my dh doesn't pay attention to who is in my coop or chicken areas often and i have lots of different colored birds so a new one could blend in. chicks are harder to hide from him unless they stay with a broody hen and that is part of the reason i don't keep an incubator anymore. i have been good most of this summer and haven't bought any new birds since May other than a few day olds from a local breeder and my dh was fine with them. i've let the broodies hatch for me this year

i'd love to get a blue girl from you! i'm heading down to Shay's this weekend to check out a few cochins so i could swing by on my way back!
lol.png

Quote:
Fuzzy picture of some of the project cockerels. Ermine boys should not have any black in their saddle feathers, unlike Columbian Rocks, Wyandottes etc. Columbians have a black stripe down the center of the saddle feathers. These 2 have some but less than their dad and they each have 5 toes. They also look to be pure silver, where he was yellow (carried silver and gold).

13729_113011_12.jpg

Here are the project pullets. As you can see they aren't as clean, they have some salmon leakage. So one or both of the black Fav hens I've been using for this must have salmon under that black.

13729_113011_03.jpg

and the other

13729_113011_05.jpg

13729_102511_107.jpg

And some of the off colors. Hard to believe they're 3/4 black Fav and 1/4 Coronation Sussex.

13729_113011_10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom