Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Perhaps this is might help:

http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Yeah, I LOVE the online genetics calculator!!!! BUT, just be aware that for example, not every black bird has the same genotype, so the calculator isn't always correct, especially when you start mixing colors. BUT it will give you a very good idea of what you might get. For example, if you do a cross of a black male with a salmon female, it will show the different genotypes I was talking about, with some of the black offspring hiding wheaten....
wink.png
It is a super fun thing to play with though!!!

WOW, This is Kool, Thanks . . . Lots to think about, VBG, eliz....
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yeah, I LOVE the online genetics calculator!!!! BUT, just be aware that for example, not every black bird has the same genotype, so the calculator isn't always correct, especially when you start mixing colors. BUT it will give you a very good idea of what you might get. For example, if you do a cross of a black male with a salmon female, it will show the different genotypes I was talking about, with some of the black offspring hiding wheaten....
wink.png
It is a super fun thing to play with though!!!

WOW, This is Kool, Thanks . . . Lots to think about, VBG, eliz....
thumbsup.gif

No problem....have fun playing match maker :)

Um new goal. Ermine!!!! Wow that would be sooooo cool! Columbian is my very favorite color/pattern and now on my very favorite breed?!!? I definitely need some of those!! Man, add it to my list :-/ im booked on birds until spring but I think I will be searching for those! Does anyone know where to get them in the US?

In other news, the Shawnee show is in 9 days and thar means I get my trio
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Also. On the 11th I'll be setting my first hatch
smile.png
anyone have spare eggs? Or hints?

Quote:
Here's a link to Faverolles Australia. In articles from 2007 there's one that describes how Ermines were developed, and another briefly goes over LF buff development. In 2006 there's a lot pertaining to the blue color.

If you look in the 2010 articles you'll find one from Peter.

http://sites.google.com/site/faverolles/home

Don't forget to check out the links to the Australian birds. White, black, Ermine, cuckoo, buff, blue and birchen, all LF.

Last edited:
Quote:
Here's a link to Faverolles Australia. In articles from 2007 there's one that describes how Ermines were developed, and another briefly goes over LF buff development. In 2006 there's a lot pertaining to the blue color.

If you look in the 2010 articles you'll find one from Peter.

http://sites.google.com/site/faverolles/home

Don't forget to check out the links to the Australian birds. White, black, Ermine, cuckoo, buff, blue and birchen, all LF.

Wow, that was a lot of fun to look through - thanks!

Hey all,

Remember those funky coloured chicks?

Well i have a barred cockerl, and a lose bared female out of those to.... i say lose barred but i well get pictures of them for you lol.

Any one have any pure barred bantams??

ETA,

They have muffs five toes (though one has the fith toe fused with the fourth toe). Not sure about skin but there i don't think it is different then any of my other faverolles.

Do you think it is possable to get two chicks from the same parrents that turn out the same (sprots)? Both parents are salmons

Last edited:
You'll have to post pictures. I'm not sure how you could get barred out of salmons that show no signs of the barred genes themselves. Barring is a sexlinked gene on the Z chromosome. Boys are ZZ and carry 2 copies of that locus, whereas hens are WZ and carry only 1 copy. The gene is almost always expressed if it's present, whether or not they have 1 or 2 copies.

As far as I know no one has barred or cuckoo bantams (in the US that is).

Anyone near MA interested in some PQ LF salmon Fav hens? I have a few from this year's hatch that need to go. Just started laying.

Back
Top Bottom