Faverolles Thread

i'm wondering if anyone else has been having issues receiving notice of new messages on the boards? seems like i didn't receive anything in over a week!

Imusa76 all 5 girls are doing great! beards are still a little scruffy and slowly filling in. my LF boy has been very sweet to them and certainly has become more aware of what they are and 'who they belong to'.
big_smile.png
they are certainly his!

I don't get all my notices either...but I could spend too much time here if I did sooo....
I just came home with these from the fresno show...
she has a nice beard too but it is soaking wet in this pic.

Is anyone interested in these 3 mahogany favs if I find out how to ship? (other pics are back a few pages I think)
I would prefer to entertain offers in trade. I do have a shipping box that can hold all three birds if I take out the divider...it came with 4 bantam ducks. If anyone has birds they'd like to trade, the box can always be reused to ship birds back to me or eggs would be good too. If a trade for birds could be worked out, the shipping could just be covered by the shipping party, if trade for eggs you could pay the shipping for the birds, I'll pay the shipping for the eggs.
I am most interested in
LF silkied or lavender or wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas,
Pocelain, lavender, paint silkies
LF araucana
LF blue salmon or white faverolles
LF buff laced brahma
Sebastapol goslings or eggs
Chocolate or blue runner ducks
snowy calls
silkie ducks
PM me if anyone is interested and let me know what you might want to trade?

Last edited:
I am wondering about the color mahogany. Some years ago there were birds a breeder pictured and called mahogany that had come from Glenn Drowns at Sandhill. They were basically a red duckwing or we could say black breasted red color. I remember the male better than her color but they were interesting. As are these rich, ginger colored birds but obviously the two colors are nothing alike visually. Are birds like the ones pictured what are now being called mahogany? And do the red duckwing sorts still exist? The breeder who had posted the pictures a while back and it was not BYC is no longer active.

Very Interesting, Never heard of a Mahogany
I like them
big_smile.png

Is anyone interested in these 3 mahogany favs if I find out how to ship? (other pics are back a few pages I think)
I would prefer to entertain offers in trade. I do have a shipping box that can hold all three birds if I take out the divider...it came with 4 bantam ducks. If anyone has birds they'd like to trade, the box can always be reused to ship birds back to me or eggs would be good too. If a trade for birds could be worked out, the shipping could just be covered by the shipping party, if trade for eggs you could pay the shipping for the birds, I'll pay the shipping for the eggs.
I am most interested in
LF araucana
LF buff laced brahma
snowy calls
silkie ducks

These are from Glenn Drowns from Sandhill. I haven't really heard of anyone working with these and I waited 2 years to get them as they weren't available for a while. They weren't able to send all my chicks at once and by the end of the season, a few disasters struck and wiped out some of their breeders so I wasn't able to get the rest of my mahoganys. I don't care for how light they are colorwise, I would prefer a chocolate/deep red color like heritage, show quality RIRs. I really don't like RIRs personality so I thought that I would try to pass these on to someone who understands that these are a project and you probably won't have many, if anyone, working on them nearby to swap stock with. The boys do have true sweet faverolle personalities the girl is typically timid not one of our friendlier birds but really just shy I think, and they are decently typed, all things considered. They are lacking in size and color.

If anyone has anything they would like to include in the next Faverolles club newsletter (articles, advertisements, photos) please have all content to Kassandra (buffbeauty) by the 29th.

Thanks!! :)

I am most interested in
LF araucana
LF buff laced brahma
snowy calls
silkie ducks
Hi, if no one else is interested i would be. I think you said it was 2 boys and 1 girl...all or part.
I had thought that Jeanine knew someone that was interested....?
I also have a pair from Sandhill. The boy is the richer red and the female is the golden buff with a white muff. So a bit different than these. I think these are really pretty too.....Mine are very mild in temperment.
eliz

Back
Top Bottom