Faverolles Thread

Leisha, is this right and you are also listing eggs on ebay?!?

Sandy, will you be posting just your favs eggs? the mahogany and the salmons? i can't have geese and as much as i'd love to get turkeys i promised myself not again. got too attached to last year's meat turkeys. they got jealous of me trying to pick up my hens and would try to pick on them.
hit.gif

Sorry to hear your guys were causing issues. My Turkey hen, "Opal", is the undisputed QUEEN around here. And her highness has even called in a few wild boys to flirt with her from a distance- sic the dog on them if they get too close! I woke up Saturday to 2 toms on my patio calling to her before she even had been let out for the day.
ep.gif
PAIN IN THE TUSH! They kept trying to get my tom to fight and kept trying to steal Opal, but she already has a nest and would not even give them the time of day thank goodness! One of the weenies flew up on the roof of my house and kept gobbling to her all day- I blasted him with the hose and he left right quick! LOL You can tell they are young, and she wants nothing to do with them... but now she is acting even more of a diva LOL

heh, yeah the turkeys were getting too big to try and jump on 'moma's' back. a 25lb bird should not even think about that! i didn't mind when they were poults but once they got fully grown at 3-4 months that was it! they kept trying to display to me too. i only had 1 hen and she was sweet but one of the 2 toms was a pain and kept trying to get into my lap!

i don't mind my bantams chickens hopping up to my shoulder or running up my back when i bend over to check something out since they max out at 2-2 1/2 lbs. (i'm sure i'm not the only one that has has a chicken jump on them to run up to a shoulder to perch on.
lol.png
)

currently i'm waiting for a broody hen and for us to move in the next month so i don't have to fuss with my incubator or moving a broody with eggs under her. so far i suspect i will have at least 2 cochins this year and probably 1 or 2 of my newest faverolles going broody.

Folks, I'm not sure if anyone really realizes or noticed it but my flock is open presently to outside sales. Something that has not been a fact since 2003. I'm trying to share. -)

http://peterfmerlin.tripod.com/Offerings2012.htm

I have had 100% safety of eggs with airsacs in tact so far as I seem to have mastered the shipping of eggs for hatching. Which is why I have never ever offered eggs to ship at any other time in history. For the money it seemed to net so little in actual hatch. If ordering chicks. You will have the result of my personal culling at hatch to bring you the best that I can offer. Example, if 15 are ordered I set 30 to make sure the best 15 of that group are sent out. Your odds for better birds becomes higher. I mark eggs and chicks with directions of how to breed them, if you want, to maintain breeding integrity. Otherwise throw em all together and you'll still come out ok too. Between my 3 pens of salmons is a key and offer of genetics that compliment each other as you would be able to maintain the uncle/niece aunt/nephew path I have followed for years now. I can verify my genetics for a very long time and the consistency that is within my birds is remarkable. At least for me.

Nice to see all the different birds that have been posted.

Peter

so what would be the difference putting them under my broody should i wait an extra 24 hours? i did give her the eggs a little bit ago and got met the meanest cochin, not my sweet licorice .... :fl but she now has the fav eggs and the couple mutts she was sitting on...
first one greeted me this morning, broody has 5 to go- his color surprised me.... and she wasn't happy i snuck him out for a photo...
if this was from my favs,i had you down to hatch around sat.this must be one of the mutt eggs that hatched early.i have never had a salmon faverolle hatch that color and they are definately penned up.don't scare me like that.lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom