Faverolles Thread

Melissa I am so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
I am sure the other stuff will be an easy fix, accidents happen.

watching the chicks this morning with broody mama, one of them has crossbeak- is that genetic?
idunno.gif
if so she won't be in the breeding pen...

Last edited:
Can I get an opinion on these birds. I would like to get some faverolles and found an auction for eggs from these birds.

What do you want out of faverolles? Just birds for a backyard flock or are you trying to breed and show them? I know you can do both with a backyard flock but just wondering what you were looking for in a bird?

Last edited:
What do you want out of faverolles? Just birds for a backyard flock or are you trying to breed and show them? I know you can do both with a backyard flock but just wondering what you were looking for in a bird?

Daughter is wanting to show this breed in 4-h shows. Instead of getting these I will be getting some from Nonesuch Farms.
smile.png

I agree with Hall, cull out any obvious defects, even it may be incubation problems but I'd rather be on the safe side. Who needs weakness in our flock?

Pasofinofarm, kudos to you for being so honest and want to make it right! You did the right thing when you find out that you were having problems with the hatching chicks......it does happen LOL! One rogue rooster must had a wonderful time in the flock LOL!

Last edited:
yea it is, but from what i have read it can be genetic or temperature flux - being a broody, not sure if maybe that might be a possibility- either way, i'll keep an eye on her the next few days while i try to decide what to do- its the bottom beak doing it- i did watch today and she is active and able to catch flies and eat- she will for sure not be used for breeding, possiblly in the house so i can monitor? not sure yet

Back
Top Bottom