Faverolles Thread

Ok, I have a chicken sex question.
hide.gif
We have not had boys before this hatch so the whole mating thing is about to be a new experience. Our babies are 4 months old and with our sex-links last year, they were already laying. So far no eggs from our babies but the boys are crowing and my husband saw one of them trying to hold down and mount one of the girls today. It got me thinking about fertility. We plan to try to hatch some of our own eggs from these guys. At what age would be a good time to begin trying? I am sure the first couple of months of maturity aren't really useable but when should we begin to think about it? I also understand different breeds reach maturity at somewhat different times.

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I only have 1 LF Faverolle and unfortunately, he is a cockerel (I think). Sadly, he is also poor quality. If anyone knows anyone interested in a PET QUALITY roo, tell me. He is pretty calm, but we can't have a roo. Again, i belive he is a roo, but he might make a good hen. I do know that he must go. I am located in New Jersey (Ocean County) if anyone knows anyone that is interested. Thanks.

Hi everyone. I only have 1 LF Faverolle and unfortunately, he is a cockerel (I think). Sadly, he is also poor quality. If anyone knows anyone interested in a PET QUALITY roo, tell me. He is pretty calm, but we can't have a roo. Again, i belive he is a roo, but he might make a good hen. I do know that he must go. I am located in New Jersey (Ocean County) if anyone knows anyone that is interested. Thanks.
If you have pics we can tell if it's a roo.
Mostly black feathers on the body, white around the neck. Black feathers coming in on the feet and legs?

He has black chest feathers, shiny black/brown/ white neck feathers, and not much foot feathering yet, but the ones that are there are white with black/grey smudges. I can't posts pic on my iPad, but I will get a pic tommorow (cameras dead, flock is asleep) his body is brown with scattered black and cream. He is a mess I'm afraid.

That's awesome Charles, I was happy to read that in your email too. I'll be getting Dick's whites as soon as it cools down enough to ship them. We need more people working on the whites to preserve them!! :)
I love color projects! I'm already on your waiting list for LF salmon, I guess when you get the whites going and start getting eggs from them please add me to that list too. Are those LF or bantam variety that you are getting? I know the white variety exists in Europe, but the ones that are over here where they imported or recreated and if so what where they outcrossed to to get that color? I have heard of people using D'uccles for the bantam colors

Although I'm not on here much any more, and finally cleaned out all the crappy, trashy 'projects'...I also have a few nice whites Dick's lines/birds, and am very happy with them. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

I love color projects! I'm already on your waiting list for LF salmon, I guess when you get the whites going and start getting eggs from them please add me to that list too. Are those LF or bantam variety that you are getting? I know the white variety exists in Europe, but the ones that are over here where they imported or recreated and if so what where they outcrossed to to get that color? I have heard of people using D'uccles for the bantam colors
D'unccles are cute, sweet birds....i wonder if that is where i got the vulture hocks from, on that one young Mahogany i had received earlier this year???
It is so Kooooool that so many folks are enjoying more colors.....The Ameraucana site has a list of breeders and the color, B/LF that they enjoy.....Jeanine, do you suppose that we could do this with the Faverolle site????? For those that wish to mention; maybe a project list too???? eliz

I enjoy, LF/B Salmon/Blue Salmon
LF Mahogany
Would like start a Black LF group or project in the fall
Like multi colored carnival colors.maybe a possible project in the future

D'unccles are cute, sweet birds....i wonder if that is where i got the vulture hocks from, on that one young Mahogany i had received earlier this year???
It is so Kooooool that so many folks are enjoying more colors.....The Ameraucana site has a list of breeders and the color, B/LF that they enjoy.....Jeanine, do you suppose that we could do this with the Faverolle site????? For those that wish to mention; maybe a project list too???? eliz

I enjoy, LF/B Salmon/Blue Salmon
LF Mahogany
Would like start a Black LF group or project in the fall
Like multi colored carnival colors.maybe a possible project in the future
do u have any blue salmon avalible

Back
Top Bottom