Faverolles Thread

After putting about 50 of these through the growout pen this summer I noticed a few weird abnormalities. I don't have pics since the boys are over at another farm, but a handfull of the boys have this weird splash coloration going on. The oldest were a February hatch so should almost be colored out by now. They will probably be just heading to the stewpot.

I have this younger pullet in a growout pen that has a tuft of reddish feathers on her head. Its not a full crest like on a Polish, but something weird cropped up... Anyone else ever seen this?

After putting about 50 of these through the growout pen this summer I noticed a few weird abnormalities. I don't have pics since the boys are over at another farm, but a handfull of the boys have this weird splash coloration going on. The oldest were a February hatch so should almost be colored out by now. They will probably be just heading to the stewpot.

I have this younger pullet in a growout pen that has a tuft of reddish feathers on her head. Its not a full crest like on a Polish, but something weird cropped up... Anyone else ever seen this?

Wow, that IS weird....I've never seen that before.....

I am a newbie to Favs as well. All I know is they are so cute and soft.
love.gif
. We have a mixed flock and they do tend to be a little skittish/passive as far as working into the pecking order. They would rather just get out of the way than try to dominate. The only ones I see them standing up to is eachother.

The only rule on this thread is that you must post pics as soon as possible.
wink.png

What is your hatch date?
September 14th! This is also my first time incubating, so it is double exciting! I have a Havobater that does most of the work for me so hopefully it is a successful hatch. I will be posting pics as soon as they hatch!

They are beautiful! Is the roo a Salmon Faverolle as well? (just wondering if I hatch any roos if they will look like that)
smile.png

I was using another cock early in the year too, so some of the older babies are out of this male too. He met an early grave due to a dog in about March though.

To bad you lost that male. Glad you got some chicks out of him before he got taken. I like his darker saddle coloring. Both males are nice though. Looks like your doing a great job with the bantams keep up the good work. Love seeing the pictures. Although does that pullet with her rear facing the camera have vulture hocks?

After putting about 50 of these through the grow out pen this summer I noticed a few weird abnormalities. I don't have pics since the boys are over at another farm, but a hand full of the boys have this weird splash coloration going on. The oldest were a February hatch so should almost be colored out by now. They will probably be just heading to the stew pot.

I have this younger pullet in a grow out pen that has a tuft of reddish feathers on her head. Its not a full crest like on a Polish, but something weird cropped up... Anyone else ever seen this?

Do you have Blue salmons as well? There is such a thing as a splash salmon cockerel. But if you don't have blue salmons in your line that is very strange. I agree you should just cull them and hopefully it will work its way out of the line. That is strange about the pullet with the crest. I haven't ever seen that before. The weirdest thing I have had is I hatched a salmon bantam that appeared to be colored like a pullet but then started to put out saddle and hackle feathers like a male when she matured. I sent her to Dick and she apparently died all of the sudden as if there was something internally wrong with her. Chickens are always surprising you aren't they haha.

Back
Top Bottom