Faverolles Thread

Sandi, good point about training them for pics. I took about 50 more than you see here before I got some that were not fuzzy!

These girls are 4 1/2 months old - three from Dick and one from Melissa, although I couldn't tell you which one, because, of course, the "bracelet" I used fell off a while back, and these girls are practically identical. I MIGHT be letting one go to a friend who really wants one, but like I said they are so close in appearance that I can't decide which one to let go, if any. They all have great toes. A couple are slightly more colored on their breasts. Pullet 3 is a tad smaller than the others, which all seem to be a good height, based on my hen. (My first time raising LF) Can I get some opinions, or any comments at all? I can take other shots, if needed. Thanks! (Please excuse the messy run - I swear I just swept like two days ago!)

Pullet 1

Pullet 2

Pullet 3

Pullet 4

all look like lovely girls i like my colored zip ties to keep track diffrent blood lines, when takeing pic i like take them out in to the yard or a x pen with grass that way other birds dont get ways

Last edited:
That top girl looks a lot like mine did from Dick at that age
Sandi, good point about training them for pics. I took about 50 more than you see here before I got some that were not fuzzy!

These girls are 4 1/2 months old - three from Dick and one from Melissa, although I couldn't tell you which one, because, of course, the "bracelet" I used fell off a while back, and these girls are practically identical. I MIGHT be letting one go to a friend who really wants one, but like I said they are so close in appearance that I can't decide which one to let go, if any. They all have great toes. A couple are slightly more colored on their breasts. Pullet 3 is a tad smaller than the others, which all seem to be a good height, based on my hen. (My first time raising LF) Can I get some opinions, or any comments at all? I can take other shots, if needed. Thanks! (Please excuse the messy run - I swear I just swept like two days ago!)

Pullet 1

Pullet 2

Pullet 3

Pullet 4

caf.gif

Pullet 1

Pullet 2

Pullet 3

Pullet 4

They look good. A lot like the pullets I just got from Dick. I will be posting photos as soon as I get some good ones. I will post some of them in transit. They still have a lot of filling in to do. The two pullets from Cindy are big sassy girls. I am calling one gigantor for now haha.

Here are the girls on their way home.

They are a little ruffled up after the day long stay in this cage and the 5 hour car trip. When I have some free time I will let them out of their new digs and try and snap some individual photos to show you each one of them. All have good beards, toes, and decent color. I need to work on combs next year with them and getting a more even over the top salmon color. Dick's girls certainly have a lot of filling in to do and growing left to do. Cindy's girls are already starting to hint at the future looks and its looking good. Can't wait for you to see the head on the one I am calling gigantor. A big thanks to Cindy and Dick for helping me get started again! Can't wait for next spring to start hatching and see the results of the Merlin rooster over these girls.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a Salmon Favorelle cockerel. I have hatched out some babies, but all 6 are pullets! I was hoping to find one within reasonable driving distance, in South Ga. or North Florida. I have posted a wanted ad on the forums, but thought I would give this thread a try. Thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom