Favorite breed poll

Which one is your favorite kind of chicken out of these?

• Cochin

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • Leghorn

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Silkie

Votes: 23 11.8%
  • Brahma

Votes: 14 7.2%
  • Wyandotte

Votes: 23 11.8%
  • Australop

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Naked-neck

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Sussex

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Dominique

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Orpington

Votes: 45 23.1%

• Total voters
Most definitely SILKIES!!! All silkies in general...bearded silkies the most!!! But since that's the only breed I currently have, I might be just a little biased...lol!!!

My speckled sussex are awesome. Friendly as can be-they come watch me groom and tack up my horses! They love to come talk to me and go for hay rides when I bring the hay out to the horses. They'll follow me all over, but they're also VERY good at foraging. My cuckoo marans would rather have treats and handouts.. the sussex prefer chasing bugs and foraging for seeds. They go bonkers for Junebugs! The sussex are extremely reliable layers, although their eggs aren't all that large-about the size of a medium store bought egg. Compared to my cuckoos who lay jumbo eggs of a lovely chocolate color. On top of all that they're very lovely birds.

By far and a way COCHINS!!! Theyre the cuddliest fluffiest sweethearts. The roosters are friendly too and they lay well as both LF and bantam birds. Plus they come in a huge variety of colors and patterns. And who could say no to a chicken with bloomers and bustle! My cochin hens and those of my friend consistently hop into las to be cuddled and make very docile broodies. They are good mommas, but lay plenty too.

The best breeds aren't even on the poll! I chose Sussex anyway.
big_smile.png

When I got my chickens I expected to like the buff orpingtons the best. I doo like them but I also got barred rocks and white Plymouth rocks. Of the 3, the white Plymouth rocks are my favorite.

The two favorites in my flock are our barred rock and our Rhode Island red; neither was included in the poll so I defaulted to our australorp (although she is actually my least favorite flock member).

none of the above!!!!!!!!!

Rhode Islands are my favourites!!

best personalities obedient yet challenging, slightly crazy but very focused!!!

The hens that is..not th roos!

Back
Top Bottom