Favorite chicken breed?

I have alot of different breeds but I gotta say speckled sussex are the best breed ever!! They got it all, personality they are all people people if ya know what I mean LOL, great layers, smart for a chicken, I love the colors! Out of my flock of 38 hens and like 8 Roos, I have individual chickens that know and respond to their names, Zues the orp roo, Blossom the leghorn, marta the Cuckoo Maran to name a few but I have several of each of those breeds that don't respond, I have six speckled sussex and every single one will come when called specifically by their name. They are very special birds and everyone that I have talked to all seems to have the same experience with them, I know that some chicken owners may have had a different experience with the breed but I haven't talked to them. LOL

20212_lucy_3.jpg

I just got a new flock of pullets. I had 4 orpingtons last year and sold them because i wasnt ready for the winter yet. The orpingtons werent my favorite and didnt lay much but it was the fall and they were molting so im not sure if that can be a deciding factor. however, they were very friendly and would run to me every time i came outside.i now have 8 pullets. a wyandotte, easter egger, sussex, faverolles, brahma, australarp, sex link, and a barred rock. I havent had them long enough to know which ones are really frindly and especially which ones lay the best since they arent old enough to lay. But so far I love my salmon faverolles, she a very pretty bird and smaller than the others so I named her little beau. the only other thing i have noticed is my wyandotte is the most skiddish.

Back
Top Bottom