Favorite Christmas Movie??

Last Year we went to see the Nativity story on Christmas Day and it was awesome. I actually bought it when it came out on DVD and every time I see it I am in awe again. It is a great movie!!

Santa Claus: The Movie

I'm watching it right now. It's from 1985. I was born in 1982 and I remember watching this movie when I was a kid. I love it!

Ok, this isn't a Christmas movie but has the best Christmas scene in it ever! I love "Meet Me in St. Louis" and Judy Garland singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas". I love her in that movie, I love the gown she wears (I would love to have one!) It's just such an awe inspiring story of simplicity in the early 1900's in America. I watch it every year at Christmas time! Other than that one, I love the same classics as the rest of you and you can't go a holiday season without Home Alone!! I like the first 2!

Hands down, "It's a Wonderful Life" is my MUST see Christmas movie. BUT, when it's on, which is RARELY, I absolutely LOVE, "The Bells of St. Mary's".

Truth be told, though, if I had my way, I'd watch them ALL every year, but I only gain control of the remote after bed time, darn it! LOL

Wow! I'm so unoriginal

Christmas story
Charlie Brown Christmas

I will however mention a couple that rarely get mentioned and are worth watching.

"The Bear who slept through Christmas"
And
"Twas the night before Christmas"- The mouse cartoon movie with the clock
If you have forgotten these, check them out and they will bring back memories you may have forgotten, if you have never seen them, watch for them they are worth a look.

A Christmas Story for sure! I love that movie. The flagpole, the fight when Ralphie freaks out, the dogs stealing the turkey...........then chinese dinner chopping the ducks head off and the fra rah rah rahs..........oh I just can't wait.

Tonite a Charlie Brown Christmas is on and our son loves that.

Not Christmas, but my favorite "holiday" movie is Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Are there any other Thanksgiving movies??

**on soapbox**
Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday. Purely American holiday and just getting together to celebrate the year and give thanks with lots of food. no pressure and, NO GIFTS!! But now, with these crazies who are sleeping outside at noon on Thanksgiving to buy a TV that will be obselete in 2 years, I think the traditional Thanksgiving will be turned into just a big shopping day for junk we'll throw away in a couple years.
**off soapbox**

Back
Top Bottom