Favorite Electric fencing to keep fox away

The poultry netting is portable, so you could create a fenced in yard for your chickens , then put it around the existing chicken estate. Change as needed. I am currently using 42" high Premier netting and it is keeping a couple of foxes and additional raccoons out.

You need to remember to plug it in, though.
Thank you! I was thinking about something like this to get them out in the grass. We have wood chips down and ZERO chance of growing grass in there with them.

The poultry netting is portable, so you could create a fenced in yard for your chickens , then put it around the existing chicken estate. Change as needed. I am currently using 42" high Premier netting and it is keeping a couple of foxes and additional raccoons out.

You need to remember to plug it in, though.
Yes, thank you! I was thinking about doing something like this to give them access to grass for a change!

Could you show a photo of how your apron is connected to the bottom of your run. The apron and fence should not have a gap that a fox can get through. If a fox can get through so can many other critters. Before I comment too much I'd like to see what you have.

I agree about your dog. She may get zapped one time but that won't hurt her and she is highly unlikely to get zapped again.

I use electric netting, not an electric fence. With your set-up I'd think an electric fence is the way to go. Don't hesitate to call Premiere1 and chat with them. Part of their service is to help you get it right. Remember to ask about the gate.
It is fence material bent at a 90 degree angle and screwed to the bottom of their run/enclosure and held to the ground with landscape spikes and covered in wood chips. I’m thinking about 12” stepping stones or something like it on top. I’ll grab a picture.

Could you show a photo of how your apron is connected to the bottom of your run. The apron and fence should not have a gap that a fox can get through. If a fox can get through so can many other critters. Before I comment too much I'd like to see what you have.

I agree about your dog. She may get zapped one time but that won't hurt her and she is highly unlikely to get zapped again.

I use electric netting, not an electric fence. With your set-up I'd think an electric fence is the way to go. Don't hesitate to call Premiere1 and chat with them. Part of their service is to help you get it right. Remember to ask about the g.

I use electric netting, not an electric fence. With your set-up I'd think an electric fence is the way to go. Don't hesitate to call Premiere1 and chat with them. Part of their service is to help you get it right. Remember to ask about the gate.

Attached are pics of the apron we have around the coop itself. Been thinking about adding pavers on top of it.

Attachments

• 18DACD32-A2DF-49F7-BA5C-B9D4BD8818E2.jpeg
    18DACD32-A2DF-49F7-BA5C-B9D4BD8818E2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • BADBF7AA-4DFD-450F-943F-89740235CD5A.jpeg
    BADBF7AA-4DFD-450F-943F-89740235CD5A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
That second photo should work, not sure what's going on with that first photo. My concern is that a critter could force itself under the fence if there is a gap between the bottom of the fence and the apron.

That second photo should work, not sure what's going on with that first photo. My concern is that a critter could force itself under the fence if there is a gap between the bottom of the fence and the apron.
That fence goes all the way around. I was showing the dirt and wood chips on top of the fencing material. The fence goes out about 18” or so all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom