Favorite Hen not acting right. Please help!!!

Would assume the greenish poo is from not eating. I personally would go ahead and start antibiotics if you can't figure out what is wrong for sure. You covered lice/mites with the sevin, wazine gets round worms, might try another wormer that covers more worms? With laying hens I always worry that it has something to do with the laying cycle and if she isn't she may have some problem associated with that. When you checked for a stuck egg, how was her abdomen, any changes since then? You might consider force feeding or tubing her if she won't eat.

I didn't want to worm her with anything else too soon after the Wazine, I have ivermectin I can try though. I haven't felt anything odd about her abdomen since. I was considering another bath tomorrow night since she did seem to enjoy the other one. (and the blowdry after)

I just put some quick chick into her water, I can't believe I didn't do that earlier. And I'll check her tomorrow after work and start the Duramycin if she still isn't perky. I hate to do too much all at once and poison her.

This is her on the left, last fall before she started laying.

If you don't have probiotics for chickens,
then you can give her yogurt, force it down if you have to.
With all the doping of meds she'll WILL need probiotics.

I have both yogurt and save a chick probiotics. I keep as much stuff as I can handy because the closest store for anything is an hour and half away. Not really handy in an emergency. I'll switch her water over to save a chick probiotics and electrolytes since I think it will be easier to give it in her water than yogurt.

Jojo update: she is perkier and spent the day yesterday outside with her flock. She still isn't eating as much as I'd like her to but if I coax her a little and hand feed her she will take some. She seemed a little more eager to eat when the broody house chicken came out of her brooder to get her am meal.

Back
Top Bottom