Favorite Quotes Anyone?? INSPIRATIONAL..

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit. - Vyse, from Skies of Arcadia.

Quote:
Ghandi was an extremely influential Hindu. He preached and practiced peace, non violence, and equality for all people. He was truly a man to be admired, and as some people described it, an angel on earth. He lead a revolution through peaceful resistance and non violent protest to help change many unjust laws.

He lived in poverty and turned down creature comforts, believing that wealth corrupts. He abhorred the class system, and believed women should be treated fairly and educated. He was also critical of organized religion when that religion was used as a way to oppress others, and promoted the belief that each individual person had the means to lead themselves to the path of enlightenment. He respected other beliefs but was quick to denounce the use of beliefs to hurt others.

Last edited:
From flight school....

"Accept things as they are, not as you expected them to be"

IE: I shouldn't be so low on fuel already..
gig.gif

there are many quotes that mean a lot to me

"we are all struggling imperfect human beings"
-Unknown

"we're not crazy, we're just experiencing the wonders of vervolity"
-Wickednerd

“Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian.”
Robert Orben quotes (US magician and comedy writer, b. 1927)

"Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights"
Bob Marley

"Those of us who believe in the right of any human being to belong to whatever church he sees fit, and to worship God in his own way, cannot be accused of prejudice when we do not want to see public education connected with religious control of the schools, which are paid for by taxpayers' money."
Eleanor Roosevelt

"From the equality of rights springs identity of our highest interests; you cannot subvert your neighbor's rights without striking a dangerous blow at your own."
Carl Schurz

"In giving rights to others which belong to them, we give rights to ourselves and to our country"
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"Better to die on one's feet that to live on one's knees." - said by so many people that nobody actually knows who said it first.

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." - General Robert E. Lee

"We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." - General Robert E. Lee

"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither." - C.S. Lewis

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"We are the borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

It makes me laugh....

"We have been promised a home in heaven for eternity, how bad can anything be?"

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

"Don't lose your mind, it is too little to be left alone."

one of my utmost favorite quotes is too controversial to post here. It doesn't have any naughty words and such but it would most certainly start a fight. so sigh... I can't post it.

Oh well. I love Garfield (the cat) quotes.

"Odie, let's talk effort versus return here. You know, you can still lead a pointless life without all that running around."

"You know what is a "diet" is, don't you? It's "die" with a "t," that's what it is!"

"life, uh, cannot be contained, uh , life can't be controlled,it breaks through barriers, painfully, even dangerously, life, life will find a way." Ian Malcom,
Jurassic Park

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom