Favorite Tomato

Here on the coast of Texas we like Carnival (which are very hard to find now) and last year we tried Lemon Boy and really liked them so we bought some more. I planted them yesterday. We also plant Celebrity, Early Girl and Better Boy. This year we're also trying some Yellow Pear plants.

This year we're also trying some Yellow Pear plants.
I had high hopes for those little guys, but what I ended up with with sub-par. I just thought they didn't have much flavor compared to other varieties and they also had a tiny bit of a mealy texture even as they were ripening. I hope your turn out better than mine. Chances are I just neglected them (they were given to me as extras and were not in my main garden) and it may be my fault they weren't as good.

I had high hopes for those little guys, but what I ended up with with sub-par. I just thought they didn't have much flavor compared to other varieties and they also had a tiny bit of a mealy texture even as they were ripening. I hope your turn out better than mine. Chances are I just neglected them (they were given to me as extras and were not in my main garden) and it may be my fault they weren't as good.
That's not good to hear, my husband was looking for Lemon Boy plants and came across the Yellow Pear so he thought we'd try them. Our very favorite is Carnival and we can't find them anywhere. We planted them for years and had tons of wonderful size and taste tomatoes.

We've had no luck at all starting from seeds so we just buy the plants.

I have one indeterminate plant from last year that's beautiful. Last year we bought all indeterminate tomato plants and due to the weeds I failed to take care of the plants or I would still have all of them today. This year I'm going to watch over them and trim all dead branches to see how many I can save, of course if we have a bad winter that won't work.

Personally I like a very strong acidic tasting tomato.

Last edited:
That's not good to hear, my husband was looking for Lemon Boy plants and came across the Yellow Pear so he thought we'd try them. Our very favorite is Carnival and we can't find them anywhere. We planted them for years and had tons of wonderful size and taste tomatoes.

We've had no luck at all starting from seeds so we just buy the plants.

I have one indeterminate plant from last year that's beautiful. Last year we bought all indeterminate tomato plants and due to the weeds I failed to take care of the plants or I would still have all of them today. This year I'm going to watch over them and trim all dead branches to see how many I can save, of course if we have a bad winter that won't work.

Personally I like a very strong acidic tasting tomato.

Me too!
droolin.gif
Which is probably why the yellow pear wasn't my fav. It was mildly flavored. But again, I don't know if my lack of caring about that plant had anything to do with it lol,

Back
Top Bottom