Favus or Fowl Pox or what? HELP *PICS*

andythescot

Songster
11 Years
Nov 29, 2009
Central Mass
My Easter Egger Doreen is the only chicken in the flock with these weird whitish/yellowish spots on her comb. Some of the spots are flat, others are shaped like little tiny tubes. She has a pea comb with plenty of little crevices in them. For a while I ignored the spots, thinking they were just scabs or something, but they've been there for months and it doesn't seem to have affected her health. But after looking into it, it seems that she might have an issue. Here are some pictures, I apologize for the quality.

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

PLEASE let me know what you think.

Not sure what that is. All of the fowl pox pics that I ever saw had little black spot/scabs everywhere. Not sure about this chicken's light colored spots. Did the spots change colors?

The spots changed gradually from white to yellowish, which I thought was unusual because they had been white for a very long time.

Overall she acts as though she usually does, she is the bottom of the pecking order and some of the others will peck her comb.. The spots might just be scabs, but you never know. But she has been roosting away from the group at night, though that might just be from getting bullied.

But thank you all so much for the input, I've been worried sick!

Quote:
Poor baby girl. Sounds like she will be ok. I hope they accept her into their circle and stop bullying her. Keep an eye on her and let us know how she is doing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom