Favus or Thrush?

Are both of her eyes grey? So sorry that she seems to be having trouble breathing or gaping. If she seems to be suffering, putting her down might be something to consider. That is only up to you. Could your vet get testing or a necropsy to confirm if she has Mareks?
Thank you. I didn’t euthanise her as she was and still is active and eating. Feathers all returned. Scaly leg mite that might have moved to her face.

More than amazing to be able to share worries and anxieties about chicken keeping. They really are more to take care of if than I imagined. My hen has started laying again! She’s partially bald but the skin looks ok. Her legs are improving. She’s active and noisy and eats voraciously. Could she have recovered from mareks or will she relapse down the line?

Probably you chicken was only weak from some other issue, not Marek's.
Thanks I’d been wondering this. I hadn’t caught the scaly leg mite which may have migrated to her face and the blue eye? Maybe a red herring? I keep expecting her to fall ill but as her legs And face improve So does her general disposition.

Back
Top Bottom