FBCM Gender ID

Thanks everyone for the insight! 😅🫠 Definitely not what I hoped to hear but good to prepare for it. I’ll update this thread when I get a crow from him or an egg from her or other beyond a doubt confirmation 😂

What are your thoughts at 12 weeks?? Keep in mind this was right after a rain and they had all been out in it, so they were all wet and droopy. She/he has been with the big girls for several weeks now because of her size and is definitely bottom of the pecking order, and honestly looks to me like it might actually be a hen. All my bantam roos her age are already crowing and facing off and have pin feathers showing, with fast growing combs and waddles. (Don’t worry, I grabbed that piece of plastic right after this - our neighbors don’t keep their trash under control and we are constantly picking up crap that the wind blows into our yard)
IMG_9368.jpeg
IMG_9366.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9366.jpeg
    IMG_9366.jpeg
    914.1 KB · Views: 12
Agree it's a cockerel, as Tstraub said it has male specific feathers coming in. All my bantam breeds and crosses mature faster than my Marans, plus having other cockerels or roosters around can also make them mature slower

Back
Top Bottom