FBCM/Wellies/Olives/Cochins oh my! Hatch #2...Here we go~Due March 21!

Quote:
I wish I knew I have 2 brooder going-one with 5 weekers in it and 1 with 1 weekers in it-everyday I dust like crazy I hate it-I realized to that the food smells more than the birds!

Hey, Ace. Now that we are home from Duke I'm just dropping in and catching up on your thread. Waiting along with you! Beautiful eggs you have there! Can't wait to see what comes out. I'm way behind you as I put 6 in yesterday. That was all I had from my girls and the coyote got them. So I'm starting over. I'm sad but it's a good reason to hatch a bunch and hubby can't say too much about it. He feels sorry for me now so I'm gonna take advantage of that order me some eggs on payday this Friday!!

Quote:
Welcome back Blessed! I hope all is going well...and that is why you are home again!. Thanks for checking in. I am going to candle again tomorrow night...I hope to be more sure them i can start pulling the clear and quit ones.

I could send you some mixed eggs if you want. That is all I have of my own for this year. New breed pens for next year.

She is doing better, Ace. Thanks for asking. It's always hard to count on it staying that way, and we are looking at repeating the process in the next couple months, but for now we are home and trying to fit in a couple hatches.

I would love some mixed eggs. Mine that I have in now are mixed since I had BO's, RIR, and cochins all in the same pen. As long as they lay, that's cool with me. Let me know what kind of deal you want to work out. I am getting some from Natalie, too, as soon as she has them available. I need to separate pens to keep my breeds separate, but since all I'm gonna have this year is juveniles I think I can wait til next year to do that.

I have a big giant black cochin and one big black cochin hen...so possible pur there. The other hens are 1 Buff cochin (with the biggest bloomers ever!) 1 EE, 2 Delewares, SLW, GLW, 1 BCMaran, 1 WC Polish.

I set 12 eggs in the last hatch. 11 Hatched!! They all have feathered feet.

Quote:
Forgot to add - I have never shipped eggs before, so if you pay shipping I would love to try this out!

I'll be happy to! I think I can try a staggered hatch. I have a small bator (homemade) that can't hold alot of eggs at once. About 18. But I only have 6 in there now. I told Natalie I was going to order from her when I got home so let me see when she can fit me in for an order, and what she's got available.

Or, I have a big cooler that I found in my garage... and I was thinking I could get about 40 eggs in it if my hubby will wire it up like he did the last one for me... I could put yours and hers in at the same time if I did that. My son might do it for me, too. I can do lots of things, but electricity is something I'm afraid of. Scared of burning the house down.

I could have it done by the weekend though. Pretty much have the materials already except for the thermostat.

So yeah, now that I rolled that around, I think I can do both! Let me know when you can ship, a dozen if you can spare them, and I'll pay the shipping that you specify. I don't really know how much that will be so just let me know.

Quote:
Forgot to add - I have never shipped eggs before, so if you pay shipping I would love to try this out!

I'll be happy to! I think I can try a staggered hatch. I have a small bator (homemade) that can't hold alot of eggs at once. About 18. But I only have 6 in there now. I told Natalie I was going to order from her when I got home so let me see when she can fit me in for an order, and what she's got available.

Or, I have a big cooler that I found in my garage... and I was thinking I could get about 40 eggs in it if my hubby will wire it up like he did the last one for me... I could put yours and hers in at the same time if I did that. My son might do it for me, too. I can do lots of things, but electricity is something I'm afraid of. Scared of burning the house down.

I could have it done by the weekend though. Pretty much have the materials already except for the thermostat.

So yeah, now that I rolled that around, I think I can do both! Let me know when you can ship, a dozen if you can spare them, and I'll pay the shipping that you specify. I don't really know how much that will be so just let me know.

Let me see how many they lay tomorrow (one is setting now).then we can plan. Let me know what Sonew is thinking for tiiming maybe we can get them there at the same time.

Quote:
Blessed that just sucks about your girls! Im so sorry--arghhh
barnie.gif

Quote:

Let me see how many they lay tomorrow (one is setting now).then we can plan. Let me know what Sonew is thinking for tiiming maybe we can get them there at the same time.

I can send mixed eggs whenever you want them blessed-the EE's and cochin and such are a few more days so I can collect them-Luvins is giving you some of my eggs she won so I can give her a bunch more to send to you??? You figure out what you want and what you want to do and Im in to "replenishing" the flock:)

Back
Top Bottom