FBCM/Wellies/Olives/Cochins oh my! Hatch #2...Here we go~Due March 21!

Quote:
Let me see how many they lay tomorrow (one is setting now).then we can plan. Let me know what Sonew is thinking for tiiming maybe we can get them there at the same time.

I can send mixed eggs whenever you want them blessed-the EE's and cochin and such are a few more days so I can collect them-Luvins is giving you some of my eggs she won so I can give her a bunch more to send to you??? You figure out what you want and what you want to do and Im in to "replenishing" the flock:)

Sonew, anything you want to share is fabulous. I think that might make the shipping more though and I don't want that to be added to her cost. I'd be glad to pay shipping for the mixed ones. She was adding some of hers, too, she said. So I'm gonna have a lovely mix of pures and mixed babies! How wonderful!

Quote:
I can send mixed eggs whenever you want them blessed-the EE's and cochin and such are a few more days so I can collect them-Luvins is giving you some of my eggs she won so I can give her a bunch more to send to you??? You figure out what you want and what you want to do and Im in to "replenishing" the flock:)

Sonew, anything you want to share is fabulous. I think that might make the shipping more though and I don't want that to be added to her cost. I'd be glad to pay shipping for the mixed ones. She was adding some of hers, too, she said. So I'm gonna have a lovely mix of pures and mixed babies! How wonderful!

You gals have more birds than I do...But I will ship what I have when you are ready. You tell us Blessed when you want...

Quote:

I will see her Thursday night for dinner and Ill send her with a dozen of whatever pure ones and mixed ones I come up with:) woo-hoo

Quote:

You gals have more birds than I do...But I will ship what I have when you are ready. You tell us Blessed when you want...

Ace,

If you want to keep yours to hatch for yourself, since they are sending so many, I understand. I am honestly happy to get any at this point. If you have some spares, just let me know shipping. But if you don't because you have the broody, it's ok. I really appreciate your willingness to share with me. It's a very kind heart that does such things.

Quote:

I will see her Thursday night for dinner and Ill send her with a dozen of whatever pure ones and mixed ones I come up with:) woo-hoo

Okay, I'm gonna get crackin on that big bator tomorrow! Woooo HOOOO!!!

Quote:

Ace,

If you want to keep yours to hatch for yourself, since they are sending so many, I understand. I am honestly happy to get any at this point. If you have some spares, just let me know shipping. But if you don't because you have the broody, it's ok. I really appreciate your willingness to share with me. It's a very kind heart that does such things.

I re-read what I posted last night and I hope you did not think I was saying I did not want to send any. I think I sounded jerky...that is what i get for typing so late at night. I can do whatever you would like. if you are feeling like you have too many or plenty from the shark twins
smile.png
I can share with you for next month's hatch. Really i want to help out any way I am able.

I am happy you are our hatch buddy this month!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Thank you, Ace! I seriously have so many eggs coming my way right now. Next month would be great if you are able to do that. I'd love to have some of your birds, seriously! But don't want to keep you from having enough.

I think you sounded fine, but I just don't want to be greedy. Folks are being so kind and generous to me and my girls that I don't want to take advantage of anyone. And I hope to one day have fertile eggs to "pay it forward" for someone else who might find themselves in a tough spot like us.

It is all good. Thanks for the confirmation.
hugs.gif

So Blessed...what is the big ol' bator? How many can you pack in there? Is it homemade? Still really nervous about the whole "homemade" idea.
hide.gif

It's another cooler bator. I learned a lot with the other one so I'm not so nervous now. Just about wiring it up. Miss Prissy on here has some great bator plans, from styrofoam bators, to bread box bators, to cooler bators. Check out the thread "Chic Chick Bator". She used a styrofoam. I am using a large, Igloo cooler that is not styrofoam. I want it to be more durable. The first one we made is from a cooler my husband used in his truck. It has a glass, double paned door. The new one does not have glass in it, and so we are having to figure out how to make a viewing window.

In the big one, I can 40 or so per level. If I add another level to the small one, and don't use cartons, I can probably get 40 total. Hubby thinks that's the way to go since we know it's working pretty well now that he drilled the holes in the thermostat cover. I know I only got three chicks last time, but 5 made it to hatch alive and pipped. The others, except for one, all quit way early on. Probably from the early temp spike we had. But even the bought bators do that from time to time unless you can afford one of those more expensive ones. I can't. So I babysit it a lot.

I just got done candling...I have good news and bad.

Good is 11/12 moltted Javas going strong.
4/4 Olive eggs
4/5 BCM/Olives (1?)
9/12 BCM (2?)
6/6 Cochins
1/1 My EE/Cochin mix
big_smile.png

But 13/15 Welsummers quit!
idunno.gif

Why would that many quit. It can not be my bator there were 55 eggs in there! I was really looking forward to the wellies!! I am so sad for them. They were dirty but I had dirty eggs in my last hatch that came out fine...??
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom