Feahter-Footed Jersey Giant

NewMommy123

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 8, 2010
Grapeview,WA
I recently bought a beautiful 5-6 month old Jersey Giant Rooster from a lady in Olympia,WA. He is black with both green and purple sheen's, he sounds like a typical Black JG right? Wrong! He's got feathered feet! I was wondering if his breed is subject to vulture hocks? Is this some kind of genetic mutation? Is he a mix? He looks pure JG except for his feet. I will try to post pics as soon as I can upload them from my camera.

Actually, he's probably a Langshan
smile.png
Vulture hocks isn't just feathered feet though. It is large stiff feathers at the hocks. If he does have those, then he may indeed be a Cochin or the likes.

I don't know guys... I think that perhaps he is probably mixed with another breed but not so much that he has anything other than the feathered feet to show of his other parent. He is mostly JG I believe, so we'll just stick with that I guess. The other people were pretty sure that he is a JG.

Quote:
that can be the case... as langshan can be even taller than the Giants themself... actually Giant Cochins and Giant Brahma are taller than the JG....

Spoken by someone who like tall chickens
wink.png

Quote:
that can be the case... as langshan can be even taller than the Giants themself... actually Giant Cochins and Giant Brahma are taller than the JG....

He is definitely big! My Giant Cochin Pullet is probably about half his size. I used to have a White Jersey Giant rooster, and he looks almost identical to him except for he is black. After looking at some pics of Langshan Roosters I'd say that that is probably not what he is. I will try to post pics today. I think he might be crossed with a Cochin or something....

Back
Top Bottom