Feather fixer

Only thing it has that standard layer doesn't is 2% extra protein. MAYBE some added amino acids.... Feathers are made from 90% protein and it's amino acids.

Back in the day it used to have sulfur to "help" fight mites. No longer does.

I would go with Purina flock raiser (20% protein, offer oyster shell on the side free choice) over feather fixer, personally. And it has the correct amount of niacin for ducks at 55 mg/kg.

If you go with the feather fixer... make sure your ducks are getting enough Niacin.

Do you have some concern that is making you consider feather fixer? How old is you duck? Wanna post a pic? :)

I just heard it helped through the molting process
My ducks just turned one in May. One of them was egg bound at the beginning of the month...has been doing great! Then yesterday she layed an Shell less egg with a normal egg so I’m just looking at all options. I give them freash oyster shell every day

I just heard it helped through the molting process
Birds that are in molt, don't lay eggs. I believe the feather fixer still has a large amount of calcium in it. Too much calcium fed long term to birds NOT in lay... *can* (doesn't mean will) cause kidney issues including gout and possible failure.

It's TRUE more protein WILL help support a bird through molt! Feather Fixer is 18% protein. So it's a good suggestion.

I would still go with the flock raiser (only 1% calcium). I use it for all my birds at all life stages. And as I stated... has enough niacin for the ducks. Otherwise, call the company and inquire their niacin level if it isn't listed on the analysis (usually isn't).

Back
Top Bottom