Feather foot? Questions.

Aug 20, 2017
I wanna learn more about genetics for chickens. So, I’m asking about feathered feet. Is it dominant or recessive? Can it be sex-linked? I had a mix of a OEGB Bantam and a Wydandotte Bantam. He is now a grown man. He “married” and had kids with a pure-blood buff Cochin Bantam. Well, they had 4 kids. The first had little feathers on the feet but not many. (They’ll probably go away when he gets older). The second is a girl. She has full-feathered feet. The third is the same as the first. The fourth had no feathered feet. All together it was 3 boys and 1 girl.

I wanna learn more about genetics for chickens. So, I’m asking about feathered feet. Is it dominant or recessive? Can it be sex-linked? I had a mix of a OEGB Bantam and a Wydandotte Bantam. He is now a grown man. He “married” and had kids with a pure-blood buff Cochin Bantam. Well, they had 4 kids. The first had little feathers on the feet but not many. (They’ll probably go away when he gets older). The second is a girl. She has full-feathered feet. The third is the same as the first. The fourth had no feathered feet. All together it was 3 boys and 1 girl.
The Feather Footed Gene is dominate. It can show up with one, or two copies: Pti/Pti, or Pti/pti+
Not all offspring will inherite the feather footed genes: pti+/pti+

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom