Feather Issues with My Flock

hi.gif
ETA: in light of your response, I’d recommend removing all but proprietary feed from their diet, and possibly change from layers to all flock / growers feed (higher protein content) with optional oyster shell in a separate feeder to see if its diet-related.
Excellent-Reply-farmer-conn.gif

Hello All
I have cut out the rolled barley with my flock to see if it would make any difference, its only been a week or so, so its hard to tell yet what impact it will have - in the meantime though egg production is down - i am only getting about half the amount of eggs that i was when they were on both the layers pellets and the rolled barley together - any suggestions or feedback welcome

Hello All
I have cut out the rolled barley with my flock to see if it would make any difference, its only been a week or so, so its hard to tell yet what impact it will have - in the meantime though egg production is down - i am only getting about half the amount of eggs that i was when they were on both the layers pellets and the rolled barley together - any suggestions or feedback welcome
Hens are funny about egg laying. Lots of things will temporarily change production of eggs

Start a thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/chicken-behaviors-and-egglaying.18/

Back
Top Bottom