Feather Lovers Farm - Buyer Beware

Mine has a watery eye, rattly chirp, and has lost all balance. Just lays there :( it may be too late. We’re these similar symptoms with yours? Thanks!!

Mine were very lethargic. They couldn’t walk or hold their head up. They also had orange diarrhea. It was the saddest thing to watch. I would personally do a preventative treatment just to make sure they don’t have it. With the heat, it can develop fast.

Ok will do thank you so much for your help!! I’m hoping the other stay healthy. Fingers crossed. I’m seriously SO sad the poor little baby.

Ok will do thank you so much for your help!! I’m hoping the other stay healthy. Fingers crossed. I’m seriously SO sad the poor little baby.

I contacted the breeder but they acted like they never have this problem... I hope your babies get well soon! What kind did you get?

So I went and got corid- trying to get it to drink. Also gave s little sugar water but she’s gasping for breaths now

I hope your birds pulled through and are thriving. Not trying to hijack your thread.. but I'm sitting here going FML because I just dropped $110 on 3 onagadori from Feather lover farms a few days ago. Hopefully my order ships and all is well with the little guys..... I've been wanting them all year...

I hope your birds pulled through and are thriving. Not trying to hijack your thread.. but I'm sitting here going FML because I just dropped $110 on 3 onagadori from Feather lover farms a few days ago. Hopefully my order ships and all is well with the little guys..... I've been wanting them all year...

Let’s hope you have lots of good luck!

Well that one little chick passed away but the rest are healthy and happy (knock wood). We have one that has a deformity called scissor beak but she’s fine just has a harder time eating so she’s growing a bit slower than the rest. So... I think they Feather lover Farms is sucky quality wise...basically a chick mill just quantity over quality kind of place... but hoping both yours and my little ones turn out just fine! Best of luck!!

I am sorry for your loss. Glad to hear you have a couple who are thriving.
From what I understand about scissor beak it is typically caused by either bad genetics or injury. I'm guessing it's most likely genetics. Sounds like you hit the mail right on the head. We have a silkie we got from TSC with scissor beak. She is 2 months and in a grow out pen with her sisters. She is a little smaller too. Chickens are resilient little birds. I won't even get into TSC here. We have like 200 of their brooder babies they almost killed..... anyhow...
Hopefully FLF ships the order first thing in the morning. I'm just curious of this obvious chick mill.... They respond about my payment within 2 minutes and were very quick to decline the paypal option THEY offer stating they won't get the funds for weeks... You can only use a credit card with them. My other questions have been ignored for three days thus far.... Shows where their priorities are.

Edit: Reading their fine print and terms of service now. Should have done this before ordering...... ....the disclaimer about how they vaccinate for Marek's makes me very leery. I've read somewhere while researching someone else had gotten birds with Marek's from them and now I'm fearful these birds will be carriers. My flock is not vaccinated against Marek's because we have never had the issue...... What to do...... What to do...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom