Feather pattern Barred Rock

girlnamedsara

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2016

New to chickens here...what is meant by the distinctive Roo patter/coloring? Any guesses if this is a Loretta or not? Hoping to have gotten little girls. The kids and I have grown very found.

Last edited:
The barred rock roos typically look lighter because the white bar is a bit wider in the roo than on the hen. I only have hen barred rocks so no comparison to make with your little one. It's a bit early to guess. How old is s/he? The upright stance does look a little rooish!

The barred rock roos typically look lighter because the white bar is a bit wider in the roo than on the hen. I only have hen barred rocks so no comparison to make with your little one. It's a bit early to guess. How old is s/he? The upright stance does look a little rooish!
Lo is about three weeks (1-3 days travel time not sure) I have 3 Barred rocks same age one looks a little older then the other two. They all are upright and alert it seems. One has more feathers (the one I think is a day or so ahead) all similar in color and attitude. I spend a few hours walking them around everyday with my two 4 week old white leghorn and black sex link. I have no clue if they are girls or boys on any. Very new to all this.

Back
Top Bottom