Feather's Full Bator, Two Month, Cochin Bantam, Hatchalong! If youre not in excited by this, I dont know what excites you!

Pics
Last night my power went out from around 8pm to like 3:30 am. So almost 8 hours. It was 70 degrees in my house. I put Styrofoam around the incubator as soon as it went out. Hopefully it stayed warm enough to keep the eggs alive. So I'll candle all of them tonight and update.

Did you see how low the temperature got in there before the power came back on? I don't think that's long enough or cold enough to do much more than maybe delay their hatch a little bit and may not even affect them at all if the temp didn't drop far. :fl

Our power flickered here a bit as well last night, but not enough to mess with the temps in my incubators. The storm that caused it rolled in when I was out closing coops a good hundred plus feet from the house, though, so that was... exciting. :th Thankfully, I was able to get to the house before it got too windy or scary, and all the birds were safe and dry in their coops by then!

Did you see how low the temperature got in there before the power came back on? I don't think that's long enough or cold enough to do much more than maybe delay their hatch a little bit and may not even affect them at all if the temp didn't drop far. :fl

Our power flickered here a bit as well last night, but not enough to mess with the temps in my incubators. The storm that caused it rolled in when I was out closing coops a good hundred plus feet from the house, though, so that was... exciting. :th Thankfully, I was able to get to the house before it got too windy or scary, and all the birds were safe and dry in their coops by then!
I think they are Good. When I fell sleep the power was still off. I was out at the coop too! There was some lightning and then a HUGE thunder! I ran back to the house and just about as soon as I got inside it started pouring. And it got REALLY windy!

Phew, that's good! Sounds almost exactly the same as what happened here! I had to wait until it blew past to go back out and finish closing everyone up. I had had a notion to run and try to finish up real quick before the storm hit, but then the wind picked up and I decided, nah, we're gonna wait this one out. 😅

Phew, that's good! Sounds almost exactly the same as what happened here! I had to wait until it blew past to go back out and finish closing everyone up. I had had a notion to run and try to finish up real quick before the storm hit, but then the wind picked up and I decided, nah, we're gonna wait this one out. 😅
Same here. After the wind, Dad grilled some supper and we played with a ball though.

Last night my power went out from around 8pm to like 3:30 am. So almost 8 hours. It was 70 degrees in my house. I put Styrofoam around the incubator as soon as it went out. Hopefully it stayed warm enough to keep the eggs alive. So I'll candle all of them tonight and update.

I candled 5 at random, including the 1 white. All were alive!
Oo close one I'm glad they all survived if that happens again maybe keep the styrofoam but put a bunch of towels all wrapped around the bator that what I did and all my eggs survived too

Back
Top Bottom