Feather's Blue Cochin Bantams! Plus other breeds! Watch them grow! Gender guesses are welcome.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

I GOT DUCCLES
Jan 17, 2022
Hey guys! 3 weeks ago I got some Blue Cochin Bantam eggs from a friend. They are out of a Black Cochin Bantam roo that I gave her and some splash hens that she bought. Here is the hatch a long thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...by-this-i-dont-know-what-excites-you.1527611/

So, now I am making a growth thread! Out of 12 eggs, all 12 were viable. By day 18 I had 10 live embryos. Right now (day 20) I have 5 live chicks and no action in the other eggs. I candled them. If there is a miracle baby that hatches, I'll edit this post with it. 2 pipped and died in the shell. So there are 3 eggs that have done nothing. All internally pipped I believe. Without further ado, meet the babies!
From oldest to youngest:
Pebbles:
20220606_111740.jpg

Dani:
20220606_112535.jpg

Echo:
20220606_113443.jpg

Hope:
20220606_113745.jpg

Mystery:
20220612_220403.jpg

Gender guesses are welcome! I know that it is WAY too early. But maybe in a few weeks. Or 6. BUT; when they get old enough gender guesses are welcome. I will (try to) update week by week.

Last edited:
Hey guys! 3 weeks ago I got some Blue Cochin Bantam eggs from a friend. They are out of a Black Cochin Bantam roo that I gave her and some splash hens that she bought. Here is the hatch a long thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...by-this-i-dont-know-what-excites-you.1527611/

So, now I am making a growth thread! Out of 12 eggs, all 12 were viable. By day 18 I had 10 live embryos. Right now (day 20) I have 5 live chicks and no action in the other eggs. I candled them. If there is a miracle baby that hatches, I'll edit this post with it. 2 pipped and died in the shell. So there are 3 eggs that have done nothing. All internally pipped I believe. Without further ado, meet the babies!
From oldest to youngest:
Pebbles:
View attachment 3139336

Dani:
View attachment 3139338

Echo:
View attachment 3139339

Hope:
View attachment 3139335

Mystery:
I'll edit with a picture of her here. I still have to get one.

Gender guesses are welcome! I know that it is WAY too early. But maybe in a few weeks. Or 6. BUT; when they get old enough gender guesses are welcome. I will (try to) update week by week.

Sooo cute!! 😍😍

From oldest to youngest:
Pebbles:
View attachment 3139336

Dani:
View attachment 3139338

Echo:
View attachment 3139339

Hope:
View attachment 3139335

Mystery:

Sounds good.

From oldest to youngest:
Pebbles:
View attachment 3139336

Dani:
View attachment 3139338

Echo:
View attachment 3139339

Hope:
View attachment 3139335

Mystery:

1: F
2: M
3: M
4: F

*Its a guess* In a few weeks i could tell you with confidence.

The chicks are a week old! I'll post individual pictures and tell their personalities and my early gender guesses based on behavior and wing growth. This line of Cochin Bantams has pullets that feather quickly and cockerels that are SLOW! Not to say there won't be a cockerel with long wing feathers.

Back
Top Bottom