Feathers missing from front of neck

Gretaga

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2021
Feathers missing from front of neck for 2-3 months, treated 3x with permethrin in the last 2mos for poultry lice around vent, no improvement of neck, no more poultry lice around vent. No bugs visible on neck. No lifting of leg scales. No other chickens with missing feathers. Can’t tell if others are picking them, haven’t witnessed any picking, no bleeding or wounds. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 2D4BCB2C-CEB9-4E1A-8FA2-3B124A4C6664.jpeg
    2D4BCB2C-CEB9-4E1A-8FA2-3B124A4C6664.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 42
Did you apply the permethrin on the neck? If not, I would apply it there, under wings, on back, on belly, and on legs.

Did you apply the permethrin on the neck? If not, I would apply it there, under wings, on back, on belly, and on legs.
Thanks for the response! It’s my understanding that the permethrin spreads all over. I’ve applied it all over their coop and run.

It appears she may have plucked them out herself when she got a bit broody a few weeks ago. They’re coming in slow but I got a better look and there doesn’t seem to be mites or anything. Just emerging new feathers.. looks concerning maybe because this is my first flock but better safe than sorry! 🙂

Back
Top Bottom