feathers

Hi Dylan's Mom. I'm new to the world of chickens but I think this is a leghorn. The Yokohamas (sp?) also look glorious. I will be using the feathers for ceremonial purposes, and possibly crafting them on hang from a rattle. They should be unbleached or otherwise altered...I see many feather shops online, but I would rather have the energy from an animal who has 'gifted' me or shed his feathers! Tail feathers would be excellentm but open to others, too. Thanks! Aa

Hi Dylan's Mom. I'm new to the world of chickens but I think this is a leghorn. The Yokohamas (sp?) also look glorious. I will be using the feathers for ceremonial purposes, and possibly crafting them on hang from a rattle. They should be unbleached or otherwise altered...I see many feather shops online, but I would rather have the energy from an animal who has 'gifted' me or shed his feathers! Tail feathers would be excellentm but open to others, too. Thanks! Aa

Hi there, well I am pretty new to chickens myself, but have raised Peafowl for almost 20 years. I sell Cruelty free Peacock feathers in white, but unfortunately I do not have any white roosters. I am going to attach a link for a cruelty free feather seller on ebay, good guy and he generally has a lot more available than what you see listed. If he doesn't have what you need he may be able to put you in touch with someone who does. Your other option would be to check the breed specific threads on here and see if you can make some contacts with breeders of the white leghorns, you will have to check and find out if they are cruelty free or not, but even if they do eat their roos, you know they had a good life and were not raised in a factory farm. I hope this helps you out.
smile.png

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Happy-Ro...=1766967&_sid=187928913&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

hide.gif
oh, it must be a chicken thing. I like the long curved feathers on the rooster, bet to me nothing compares to the structure of the of the peas sword feather in any color.

I agree. Perhaps it is the streamer like quality of the rooster tail she is after. I referred her to another seller who apparently didn't have any so he referred her back to me. To be sure I sent pics of several different Pea feathers in white.

Last edited:
Yes, I think so. Most people don't know how to make jewelry, nor do they have the tools or the motivation to try. You could also try making stuff from the little neck feathers or the scaled feathers on their backs- and don't underestimate the wing feathers if you can find them in nice condition. Artists use them to paint on:

image012.jpg

Feather+Painting+%286%29.jpg

feather-painting-17.jpg

Very nice. I just wanted to stand up for the untalented. Its not that we don't KNOW how, its that we just don't have the artistic capability to do it.

Back
Top Bottom