FEB incubation experience -JULY update - BLK. ORP & EE *new pics*

Your chicks are so cute!!! I am sorry you lost the other BBS Orp's. They are so hard to hatch. I have tried to hatch somewhere around 20-30 BBS Orp eggs and have not had one hatch yet. Lucky for me Buster has BBS Orp's and he is hatching some for me. They are due around March 20th. I can't wait!!

Cute chicks. The bbs orp could be black but don;t give up hope. Once it feathers in take it outside in the sun. Dull black means dark blue. There is nothing prettier than a orpington chick.
smile.png

Quote:
Well, I know it isn't fully-feathered at this point, but I took it out in the sun just to check. It certainly looks Dull Black (no green sheen at all).
fl.gif
Hoping it stays that way! MissPrissy, how long does it usually take for you to tell if your BBS Orps are hens or roos?

Hatching2009013.jpg

Hatching2009014.jpg

Here are some recent pictures of my BBS Orpington chick. I am wondering if the experts could tell me if they think it is a pullet or rooster. Her (assuming, here) feathering is gorgeous. It is nothing like my "hatchery chicks". I love this chick! She if the big "black" chick in the pictures!

Blogging097.jpg

Blogging098.jpg

Blogging102.jpg

Let me say, my very first BBS orpingtons are 4 days old.
However, I have hatched Blue Cochin bantams and Blue Ameracaunas and BUff Orpingtons.

I tell you this to say, my guess is still a 50/50 guess
lol.png

My guess would be a dark blue pullet.

Edited to say, SHE is pretty!!!

Last edited:
I hatched my very first eggs in Feb of this year. 2 out of the 3 that hatched were pullets! Hooray! They are now all grown up and laying eggs. The Black Orpington started laying 2 weeks ago and the EE just layed her first egg today. Just wanted you to see what they looked like all grown up! Aren't they beauties!

Just hatched, February 09.

Hatching2009009.jpg

Hatching2009010.jpg

Today, July 09.

fruitandfarm005.jpg

fruitandfarm007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom