February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
As of this morning, still no chirps but I believe there is still movement going on. Will have to wait and see what happens tonight, if they hatch on time it'll be tomorrow. Hopefully they hatch and im not left with just one chick for mama. Wishing myself luck.
Good luck!!! I hope you have more hatches!!

Alrighty! Originally set 10, had a few infertile and I dropped two, but five out of six that went into lockdown hatched, and the sixth I think was a late-quitter from when we lost power day 16/17.

I would say I have three blue, one splash, and one I'm not sure about, which is astounding because I have ONE blue hen with the splash pen.

Next hatch is 2.10, with six looking good to move to the hatcher, then I have 3 set for 2.18, and 13 for 2.24.

I also got my first egg from my blue-cream project pair today, so that will be part of my first March hatch! 20230205_104517.jpg

I went in to checkine still only saw the pips. About 30 min later I decided to look at the camera and there is a chick that just hatched. So think that was #8. 2 more to go. One is pipped then the one I wasn't sure on isn't internally pipped yet but I saw some movement near air cell so hopefully internal pip soon.

Back
Top Bottom