February 2023 hatch-a-long

Day 19!! We are dealing with a heat wave which I think is why they are early. normally my incubators stay pretty stable but the past few days and today they are been struggling with the temps šŸ˜Ÿ
We are having the opposite. We are heading into a freezing spell. Tomorrow night it will be -10F with a wind chill of -43*F. Brrrrr. Think I want your heatwave. Lol

We are having the opposite. We are heading into a freezing spell. Tomorrow night it will be -10F with a wind chill of -43*F. Brrrrr. Think I want your heatwave. Lol

That's a bit too cold for me, we hardly even get frost here šŸ„¶
although if I drive 16 hours south there is summer snow, which although strange sounds rather nice right now.

How fun. What breeds did you choose?
Different colors of Brahma and orpingtons, some are crossed that she does to make colors she wants. And told her to surprise me with some other breeds/colors.

But normal colors are Lavender Orpington, and Isabel Brahmas. Then caramel laced chocolate Orpington, and black golden laced blue Brahma that is covered by a blue Brahma (these are so pretty, she said they lay blue or green so not full Brahma but even better since I love pretty birds that lay pretty eggs!!!!

Last year I hatched splash Cochins and project Cochins from her. The project look just like Cochins but lay green eggs..... Still waiting for my July girls to lay to see what color/shade of eggs they lay.

Different colors of Brahma and orpingtons, some are crossed that she does to make colors she wants. And told her to surprise me with some other breeds/colors.

But normal colors are Lavender Orpington, and Isabel Brahmas. Then caramel laced chocolate Orpington, and black golden laced blue Brahma that is covered by a blue Brahma (these are so pretty, she said they lay blue or green so not full Brahma but even better since I love pretty birds that lay pretty eggs!!!!

Last year I hatched splash Cochins and project Cochins from her. The project look just like Cochins but lay green eggs..... Still waiting for my July girls to lay to see what color/shade of eggs they lay.
They sound so lovely!

Attachments

• received_5770210309692695.jpeg
    received_5770210309692695.jpeg
    313.9 KB · Views: 4
Aloha all! Iā€™m hatching My very first Bantams! And theyā€™re due to hatch VALENTINES DAY šŸ’ šŸ’Œ
They were listed as Calico, Millie , mottled bantam Cochin and Iā€™m very excited! I have 14 eggs and all but possibly two seem to be growing lovely veins! I posted pics of their eggs and the flock they came from which is gorgeous!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4F825F07-3C2D-44A4-A641-75C50F5079D1.png
    4F825F07-3C2D-44A4-A641-75C50F5079D1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom