February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Ok Day 13 candling and I'm one egg down. We now have 53 out of 55 eggs left. The remaining 53 look PERFECT & Healthy, But I have a strange egg that is not giving me good vibes and I'm worried I may lose it. I've never had or seen an egg like this. Maybe y'all can help me. I took this video when I candled it.​
I also included a couple of picture below. Now this IS alive. It's visibly moving and it is not from me moving the egg. But It's no where near developed like my other 52, it seems to be a black mass moving about no shape at all to it , has weird blotchy spots on part of it, the air cell is odd shaped, and it only has veining on one side and tit only takes up a small portion of the egg. Is it just slow to develope? Or Am I looking at my next quitter? Or do you think it possibly has a chance? View attachment 3396143View attachment 3396144
I’m not sure what you should do but I watched the video and seen movement as well.

Oh they are pretty. I am going to guess maybe not handled much or at all. Mine don't come up to me to be pet or anything but not mean. Yours may still be trying to figure out pecking order too?
This maybe. Though they still have to figure it out when they get out to my older girls…and they won’t just let them pluck out their feathers. But the rooster just automatically tried attacking my husband. They haven’t attacked me but I did see the rooster go into attack mode on my husband. The girls have pecked at my hand, which though could be that it’s my nails or rings…even if they aren’t pecking at those things directly. Hopefully I can earn some trust from them.

This maybe. Though they still have to figure it out when they get out to my older girls…and they won’t just let them pluck out their feathers. But the rooster just automatically tried attacking my husband. They haven’t attacked me but I did see the rooster go into attack mode on my husband. The girls have pecked at my hand, which though could be that it’s my nails or rings…even if they aren’t pecking at those things directly. Hopefully I can earn some trust from them.
Yikes on the rooster!! Good luck with that.

Before I drive all the way in again for nothing… Pip or reflection on the brown egg up front?

The white spot ooks like reflection to me, it's so bright white and seems to have fuzzy edges. Nothing you could do anyway, so I'd stay home and just watch it. If the white spot changes appearance through the day, then you'll know it's a pip. It won't hatch today anyway - they usually rest and go quiet for about 24 hours before the push to start hatching.

Couldn’t help but drive in to check. 🤪 why do I do this to myself? You were right BarnyardChaos
1458176F-1F98-40F0-8690-7D545FD02FF1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom