Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
1st one is out at about 4 hours and 20 days. This one was the third to pip, but was a zipping machine. A BCM x RIR. That potential olive egger that she is looking at is the first of the 6 OEs to pip that Ive seen (little hard to see, humidity about 68% and the other small window is pretty fogged up but I've seen 5/12 pips so far).

Last edited:
Testing out the shiney new funnel/slurpee straw water dispensing system for when lockdown comes around ;) works like a charm
1f44d.png

Okay folks....
I hatched three EE chicks almost a week ago. Today, one of the chicks start chirping incessantly. A few hours ago, I checked on it. No pasty butt, pooping normally, so I put it back in the brooder. I sat there watching it and saw it completely topple itself over "stargazing". It then had several more episodes within the 20 minutes I was watching. The other two would peck at it during/after each episode.
I gave it some vitamins (some vitamin/probiotic combo I picked up at TSC), and isolated it in another brooder.
It is still chirping away, and I haven't seen, or heard, it sleep (more than 1-2 seconds) for several hours.
Can I do something else for it?
I tried doing a search for stargazing, but it seems like most cases are newborns. This chick has not had ANY issues with it before and is almost a week old. (Although, I should note that this is the one that had curled toes and splayed legs and was the runt of the group.)
My husband thinks we should just let nature take it's course- "survival of the fittest". But I'd rather try to save it if possible!

Okay folks....
I hatched three EE chicks almost a week ago. Today, one of the chicks start chirping incessantly. A few hours ago, I checked on it. No pasty butt, pooping normally, so I put it back in the brooder. I sat there watching it and saw it completely topple itself over "stargazing". It then had several more episodes within the 20 minutes I was watching. The other two would peck at it during/after each episode.
I gave it some vitamins (some vitamin/probiotic combo I picked up at TSC), and isolated it in another brooder.
It is still chirping away, and I haven't seen, or heard, it sleep (more than 1-2 seconds) for several hours.
Can I do something else for it?
I tried doing a search for stargazing, but it seems like most cases are newborns. This chick has not had ANY issues with it before and is almost a week old. (Although, I should note that this is the one that had curled toes and splayed legs and was the runt of the group.)
My husband thinks we should just let nature take it's course- "survival of the fittest". But I'd rather try to save it if possible!

The chick seems to be doing better this morning!! :)

Back
Top Bottom