February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

I am new to hatching eggs and I got 6 in the incubator due 2/25/17 I think I may have messed up on them so not sure they going to hatch. I am reading and learning. I will be getting some Narragansett eggs in the future how far in the future I do not know yet guess when the gentleman can spare them and I am trying to get this hatching down right. So I will see come the 25, I will not give up I will get it right.
I'm curious as to what you may have done that may effect the hatch?

I'm curious as to what you may have done that may effect the hatch?
. Yes it's hard took me about seven try's to get a chick but have 14 of 17 and only lost the other three due to lack of knowledge. Like the. Chicks rolled a egg and it sealed up like it was glued and killed my chick then lost two due to them popping on the bottom didn't know that you should check the bottoms during hatch just in case. Then the last two that hatched aren't doing the best they are alive but very very weak, am hoping they survive. I have to help the last one out it couldn't kick out and tried for hours. If I can help I will. Thanks

I think I ran a dry hatch to low at 20% humidity and candling the eggs the air cell appears to large.
Well the good news is, it isn't to late. Just up the humidity which I find 30-40% works great for me. This should slow the growth of the air sac and then 70%+ at hatch and hope for the best. I find with these humidities hatches go well. So I wouldn't write them off yet.
1f44d-1f3fb.png
Good luck with the hatch.
1f423.png

Wen ahead and tossed the egg that had cracked during shipment. It had lots of bubbles, and where the others have a thickness at the top, it was still clear all the way through.

17 eggs in the incubator as of today, putting more in every day until Thursday! Currently, I don't have a hydrometer, does anyone know where to purchase a good one for cheap?

17 eggs in the incubator as of today, putting more in every day until Thursday! Currently, I don't have a hydrometer, does anyone know where to purchase a good one for cheap?
I just bought a hydrometer/thermometer combo from incubator warehouse for $14.99 with good reviews. The only bad part would be the length of time it would take to get it.
1f60f.png

Back
Top Bottom