February/March 2017 Hatch-a-long

Out of 21 shipped eggs, 12 hatched but 1 was a cull. So 4 Americaunas, 3 Euskal Oilas, 2 Lemon Orps, 1 Turken and 1 Black Copper Maran. Little disappointed but overall not awful. I have 6 Lavender Orpington and 2 Lemon Orp eggs set to hatch friday.

Out of 21 shipped eggs, 12 hatched but 1 was a cull. So 4 Americaunas, 3 Euskal Oilas, 2 Lemon Orps, 1 Turken and 1 Black Copper Maran. Little disappointed but overall not awful. I have 6 Lavender Orpington and 2 Lemon Orp eggs set to hatch friday.
Only two survived shipped eggs out of 36. It's like the lottery with shipped unfortunately. Congrats though
1f423.png

So I have 12 hatched chicks so far this spring. We had the furnace go out one day a few weeks ago for a day and I have a feeling in spite of the incubator being plugged in the drop in the house temp threw off the temp/humidity as I lost a lot of eggs at about the same time/development stage. Kicking myself for the failure to prevent it.

Next hatch is due 3/31 my daughters eggs she's hatching for 4H.

So I have 12 hatched chicks so far this spring. We had the furnace go out one day a few weeks ago for a day and I have a feeling in spite of the incubator being plugged in the drop in the house temp threw off the temp/humidity as I lost a lot of eggs at about the same time/development stage. Kicking myself for the failure to prevent it.

Next hatch is due 3/31 my daughters eggs she's hatching for 4H.

Sorry about your losses. Some incubators seem to be more sensitive to changes like that. I used to use the Styrofoam incubators and every time we had storms I would have big losses do to humidity changes.
I hope your next hatch goes much better.

This week I had 7 out of 28 shipped eggs hatch :( lots of clears, a few blood rings, a few quitters, and 5 who died around day 19/20. I forgotto check the marked shells but I'm almost positive none of the MPC eggs hatched. They all had wonky air cells and porous shells. Oh well.

Today I set 7 pekin duck eggs, 6 heritage turkey eggs, and 5 mystery duck(??) eggs I got from an Asian market that I believe are fertile.

I will be adding 12 FBCM eggs in 7 days and 11 coturnix eggs in 11 days.

Back
Top Bottom