February's Numbers

How much money did your flock cost for the month of Feb.?

• Less than $10.00

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $11.00 - 20.00

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • $21.00 - 30.00

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • $31.00 - 40.00

• $41.00 - 50.00

• $51.00 -60.00

• $61.00 and up

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Well I think Im a little confused with you question.
I want to know how much it cost me to feed my chickens plus house/supplies such as hay and meds.
If I give the eggs away eggs that has not cost me any more than what I have already paid to feed them to begin with, right?

I got chickens for the eggs for my family.
I have no problem giving the extras away.

I was also just saying IF I did sell them (eggs), I am pretty sure it would cover all my cost...(which I may eventually do but just to break even. I would not want to male a profit from selling eggs. I'd much rather give them away to someone who could not necessarily afford eggs.

Does the make sense?

I was also just saying IF I did sell them (eggs), I am pretty sure it would cover all my cost...(which I may eventually do but just to break even. I would not want to male a profit from selling eggs. I'd much rather give them away to someone who could not necessarily afford eggs.

Does the make sense?

To start with---thats nice of you to give family eggs, But, let me run something by you. My Dear Mother about 5 years ago(75 at the time) called me and said she wanted to get rid of her chickens But she wanted farm fresh eggs and wanted to know if I would put her on top of my list---to make sure she got her eggs. I said Sure Mother you can get what you want for free----NO, NO she said----I got chickens now and I know what it cost to raise them----I am going to pay you for the eggs---I played argued with her, but when she said "I Am Serious" out of respect I said OK. 5 years later she still buys her eggs from me, my Sisters demand I accept the money for their eggs they get from me, some friends too---only $2 per dozen but it buys the feed. So I raise my family fresh country eggs for about the cost it takes for the feed to get the eggs. I am OK with it now.

To start with---thats nice of you to give family eggs, But, let me run something by you. My Dear Mother about 5 years ago(75 at the time) called me and said she wanted to get rid of her chickens But she wanted farm fresh eggs and wanted to know if I would put her on top of my list---to make sure she got her eggs. I said Sure Mother you can get what you want for free----NO, NO she said----I got chickens now and I know what it cost to raise them----I am going to pay you for the eggs---I played argued with her, but when she said "I Am Serious" out of respect I said OK. 5 years later she still buys her eggs from me, my Sisters demand I accept the money for their eggs they get from me, some friends too---only $2 per dozen but it buys the feed. So I raise my family fresh country eggs for about the cost it takes for the feed to get the eggs. I am OK with it now.

I hope I will get to where you are.
I have a hard time (right now) with selling the eggs, my mom has offered me money for them but I just can not take it.
hide.gif

I have no problem selling my eggs. And I sell them to family members. I also trade my eggs, barter eggs for honey. My birds need to eat. I'll never recoup even a fraction of the cost to house them, put up predator proof fencing. So, I am not at all conflicted about receiving money for my eggs. There's always farm factory nasty eggs which can be bought for $1 - 2.00/doz.

Back
Top Bottom