"Fed up" with feed & feeders - What do you feed your laying hens, and what style feeder do you like?

Any feeder needs to be protected from the wet weather.
I started out with one of these, they will bill the feed out pronto, despite the spokes.
that true because my chicks like to throw out the feed on the ground with their beak what feeder would you recommend

Any feeder needs to be protected from the wet weather.
I started out with one of these, they will bill the feed out pronto, despite the spokes.

I use that feeder and don't have much billing out issue, though my birds also do a pretty good job cleaning up any spillage since I remove the feeder at night and return it once I'm up in the morning. Any birds feeling peckish will go and clean up the bit of spillage around the feeder location in the morning.

That's why I like the big yellow plastic feeders from Premier; deep trough, less feed billed out.
Mary
This has become my go to feeder. I place mine on blocks. They can't knock it over nor bill out food, nor poop in it. There is absolutely no waste whatsoever. I keep mine outside in my covered run, and the food never gets wet. It has 3
different settings so you can use either crumbles or pellets.

Back
Top Bottom