Feed companies response to the “big question”.

Pics

Jaybird14

Songster
9 Years
Dec 30, 2014
We have all seen the videos , read the reports and had our own experiences on the hens not producing.

we have questioned certain brands of feed and it’s effectiveness.

Have these feed brands made any statements? I have not seen any response From them.
If you have please share.

This thread is not for discussing daylight hours, snow storms or any of the other basic crap we all know.

I’m not picking a fight with anyone. I want information.
thanks.

I want information.
All the information one needs is encompassed in the wide variety of feeds that hens still lay eggs with, and a bit of common sense applied.
How much less of anything in feed do people think is going to impact egg laying?
Most feeds give a minimum percentage of the nutrients in the feed. If I buy a feed with a smaller percentage of any of the nutrients does anyone really believe the hens just stop laying eggs?

All the information one needs is encompassed in the wide variety of feeds that hens still lay eggs with, and a bit of common sense applied.
How much less of anything in feed do people think is going to impact egg laying?
Most feeds give a minimum percentage of the nutrients in the feed. If I buy a feed with a smaller percentage of any of the nutrients does anyone really believe the hens just stop laying eggs?

I could be wrong, but I think the conspiracy theorists believe "they" are *adding* something to the feed to make the hens stop laying. That theory has already been debunked, but conspiracy theorists are gonna conspiracy theorize, I guess... 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...king-chickens-lay-fewer-eggs-no-improper-nut/

Just my prospective I think due to hatchery descriptions people think the chicks they picked out will lay throughout winter their whole life. After year 2 you should expect stalls in egg laying to happen during a hard winter. Another problem is not letting chickens forage for green grass and insects. If all the chicken ever eats is chicken feed and you still get over 220 eggs per year, I consider that to be a good egg production for the situation. I look at chicken feed as something that will keep your chickens alive and well. If u want them to thrive, make sure they get all of the grass, broadleaf, and insects they need. If you do this, then you can buy the cheapest 40lb bag of feed, still knowing that they are getting all they need from your yard or pasture

Let me put this in a way any moon bat can understand.
has Dumor responded to this ? if yes ,where , so I can read it.
thank you.
No.

BTW, Dumor and Producers Pride are brands of TSC. TSC has those products toll milled to their specifications. Currently most if not all of those feeds are made by Purina, that is not always the case. Purina is just the toll miller, it is not their feed they simply made it to TSC's specifications.

I buy my feed from a local mill that also buy grains from local farmers.
I haven't even paid that close of attention to egg production because right now it sucks as it does every year at this time unless I add additional lighting.
I asked the office ladies about the subject yesterday morning. We had a quick discussion and lots of chuckles. They assured me that yes they mix the feed I'm buying and they haven't seen any men in black type government fellows poking around their mill. Just glad for many reason I don't shop at TSC.

Back
Top Bottom