Feed companies response to the “big question”.

With you JAYBIRD. Maybe there is something to this-maybe there isn't- but there is NOTHING wrong with a person questioning something.
It does not serve a purpose to simply question for the sake of questioning. Sometimes these questions appear more to disrupt than to provide anyone with benefits.

I read an article earlier today that said the Chinese gov bought Smithfield pork company back in 2013. They still have all their pigs here in the USA but it made me wonder why the Chinese gov would want to buy the largest pork producer in this country? Just an interesting read
Easy answer. Well fed populations rarely rise up against their governments. Starving populations do - with varying degrees of success - throughout history. Demand for pork (another, like chickens and eggs, cheap protein) is growing in their country as their society develops something resembling a middle class and their lands aren't well set up (for all that they have a LOT of it) for modern commercial grain production to support modern commercial pork production - its cheaper for them to own the means of production here, and ship it there.

It ALSO allows them to control the supply to their own people.

In the view of the Chinese Communist Party? Win/Win. Oh, and of course they are transfering all that intellectual property to the homeland for future use. Win.

Yep. I also saw where they were scraping the soil and shipping it back in empty shipping containers and now are also into the seed industry. Its not just for their people, they sell it to us as well. China would die without food imports and they can manipulate our foods as well. The proof is in the pudding, just many refuse to see.

Back
Top Bottom