Feed companies response to the “big question”.

Do you want Producer's Pride too?
Well, if Jaybird is out, I guess I'll give what I found about PP, since others seem interested. It wasn't much - which is partly why I didn't just give it.

I tried several key words in a couple of search engines but got a lot of repeat pages (not just same wording carried by different web addresses but the same web addresses too for many pages of results)

This is the only one I found...

".. So we reached out to the company today because, again, we're agnostic on this, but we figured we would do a little poking. And they said they've looked into it too, and their feed is not the problem. And that may absolutely be true. We don't know. What we did notice, though, was that that explanation was more than enough for most media companies, trained as they are to accept corporate press releases as the final word on any given topic. Well, they said it's not a problem. So it's not a problem.

We don't think that's the last word. Again, we can't tell you for certain either way. But we do know and here's really the point, that America's food supply is one of those topics is worth being a little paranoid about. .. " Source

I read an article earlier today that said the Chinese gov bought Smithfield pork company back in 2013. They still have all their pigs here in the USA but it made me wonder why the Chinese gov would want to buy the largest pork producer in this country? Just an interesting read

And Smithfield owns Gwaltney, Armour, Eckrich and various other pork product brands as well.
Have you ever seen China's incredible pig farms?
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...s-china-found-a-way-to-stop-future-pandemics-

The amount of land they own here is dumbfounding. They say they want to rot us from the inside, yet we continue to allow it and our populous is willfully ignorant to the real dangers for fear of being called a bad name. They just trust the industry will check on themselves and make sure they do the best for everyone. I'm not that gullible. I wish fewer were.
This is capitalism at its best. Everybody just loves capitalism. Everyone loves it until it does something (like sell to China) that they don't like. In 2013 I quit buyng Smithfield products. That was 10 years ago & people are just finding out now.

This is capitalism at its best. Everybody just loves capitalism. Everyone loves it until it does something (like sell to China) that they don't like. In 2013 I quit buyng Smithfield products. That was 10 years ago & people are just finding out now.
Still better than the alternative

I’ve been feeding Purina Layena for years. I’ve never really had a problem with it and I’m not entirely certain that it is a problem now. However, after discussing this issue with the very knowledgeable and friendly gentleman who runs the local feed store, (who said that “he would hate to think that there was anything nefarious going on“), I was convinced to try Nutrena. He is a pretty good salesman:). But seriously, he made some good points about the differences.

Because my young ISA Browns have been molting heavily, he suggested the “Feather Fixer”.
He swears by Nutrina, which he told me is owned by Cargill and said that I would even notice a difference in the smell of the feed. And I do. This stuff really smells great compared to the Purina product.

I still have almost 100 lbs. of the Layena but I am going to switch to the Nutrena as soon as the feeder is empty.
If after a few weeks my two year old Serama starts laying regularly again, (she hasn’t laid in over two months), and the molting stops with the younger girls, I will switch back to the Purina and monitor the results.

Because I am a “conspiracy realist“, I always try to confirm any information I’m given by first hand experience whenever possible.

28F186C0-9A3D-4D42-8F4F-4468096D2C4B.jpeg

I’ve been feeding Purina Layena for years. I’ve never really had a problem with it and I’m not entirely certain that it is a problem now. However, after discussing this issue with the very knowledgeable and friendly gentleman who runs the local feed store, (who said that “he would hate to think that there was anything nefarious going on“), I was convinced to try Nutrena. He is a pretty good salesman:). But seriously, he made some good points about the differences.

Because my young ISA Browns have been molting heavily, he suggested the “Feather Fixer”.
He swears by Nutrina, which he told me is owned by Cargill and said that I would even notice a difference in the smell of the feed. And I do. This stuff really smells great compared to the Purina product.

I still have almost 100 lbs. of the Layena but I am going to switch to the Nutrena as soon as the feeder is empty.
If after a few weeks my two year old Serama starts laying regularly again, (she hasn’t laid in over two months), and the molting stops with the younger girls, I will switch back to the Purina and monitor the results.

Because I am a “conspiracy realist“, I always try to confirm any information I’m given by first hand experience whenever possible.

View attachment 3392756
I've been feeding mine the same for awhile & they haven't stopped laying they are young though will be a yr. In April but out of 12 , I get 10 most days & some days 12 so I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom