feed costs are they going up everywhere?

Down here in S. Florida, its gone up too. A 40llb. bag of Layena Omega 3's is up to 17.99!!! And I bought a 25lb. bag of Start and Grow, and it was $10.99!
ep.gif
I say, unbelievable!!!
th.gif

Well, even though ours has gone up, Im not gonna complain after reading some of the prices here. A nice bale of burmuda, $6.50 at Southern States. #50 of layer pellets, $13.64.

Our feed prices have gone up too. I switched brands though, as it is the same price/lb, but better feed. I NEED to get my flock numbers down. I used to keep feed in the feeders and they free range. However, I can't keep up. They get fed twice a day and free range. Hopefully, as the old hens get processed along w/ the young roos the feed bill will be more manageable. I really want to keep feed in the feeders 24/day.

It's gone up here a bit too. I think last time I bought feed it was like $14.69 for a 50# bag of purina flock raiser. I have the last of several different kinds of feed(some game bird, meat raiser and flock raiser ) mixed right now with cracked corn. Not my ideal feed but will work for now. I can get 50# of cracked corn for $8.50. Also growing a 20 X 20 patch of winter wheat, if I can keep the pullets out of it long enough for it to grow up.

Fortunately I have a good weekly source of produce for supplement. A rural food bank gives me anything they can't give away because of bruising or whatever and it goes to my birds. Plus stale high end bread made of whole grains. Actually my birds have never looked better.

I bought feed a few days ago and it hasn't increased here; at least not yet. Do wish I could find some hay though.

Quote:
The same here. If I remember correctly I pay a little bit more for the Big V Black Rooster but since I only use it as a scratch, it lasts longer.

Started using a new feed store today. $10.90 for 16% layer or $11.90 for 22% layer pellets. Was paying $12.69 for 16% layer and $13.99 for 22% layer pellets at my local feed store as of a few weeks ago.

man some of you folks make me feel alittle better about the prices im paying. but it is getting crazy. we need more farmers or better weather. i say write your congressmen in washington an tell them to stop subsidizing corn. maybe that will help but you know those people so probibly not.

I bought feed today, as follows;
Scratch * 4 @ 13,90 a bag
Layna *3 @ 14.90 a bag
Sweat feed * 4 @ 14.60 a bag
Cracked corn * 3 @ 14.80 a bag
Game cock onditioner *3@ 17.90 a bag
Grass hay 14.00$ a bail
Alfalfa 15.80 a bail

Month supply of food for my babies.

Back
Top Bottom