Feed is getting expensive, any cheaper way? Please

Wow, thank you so much for all of these responses. I am really enjoying this forum and helpful hints I am getting from you guys.

Fred's Hens :

I assume the 5-way to be a scratch of 5 grains. I also assume you get 3 or 4 times longer out of that bag than the layer? In other words, the 5 way is only 10-20 percent of their total diet?

You didn't say what your layer cost was, but I'd guess $15 a 50# bag? If so, that is rich. I am currently paying $19.50 for 100# bag of Hubbard Layer, ground at a local feed mill. That is $9.75 for a 50#.Keep searching for an actual mill, and elevator, or feed station that actually grinds it's own feed. You are paying 50% higher prices. It takes some doing to find a mill, and sometimes it may be 40 miles away, but when life takes you in that direction, you stock up. Obviously, it doesn't pay to travel far only for the feed purchase.

Wow, I don't know how you are getting Hubbard that cheep, I have called every place within 100 miles of me that sells Hubbard, and i can't find if for under 14.00 for 50#​

Back
Top Bottom