Feed prices šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

I'm new to this and was buying expensive feed at TS BUT I finally made it to our local feed store where they make their own feed. I had tried feed after feed for my 10 week Olds and they wouldn't eat any of it. Went to the local feed store and got a 50lb bag and they LOVE it. I was soooo happy. The feed supply asked me a bunch of questions and picked one for me. I'm so happy to support local and so are my babies.

They can eat goat food? i didnā€™t know that! I payed 13
last time for the food I got them and a month later itā€™s 17 and yea, organic is off the table. Iā€™m selling chicks now instead of eating the eggs. Since itā€™s the ā€œchick seasonā€ itā€™s good money
No, they can't if you want them to more than just survive. It's not formulated for birds.

Anyone else notice these crazy increases? I cant buy organic anymore for my chickens itā€™s insane how much it went up, almost 7 dollars. This world is psycho
I guess we are lucky, we buy from a local feed store. Now we don't buy organic, but the pirces have remain relatively low for years. Our chick starter was $17 for a fifty pound bag last week. Layer feed was $15. That is marginally up over the last 4-5 years.

I decided I couldn't pay $30 for 40 lbs organic anymore either. I did find non-GMO Flock Raiser by Kalmbach that is about $19/50lbs. I'm ok with that for a compromise.

I'll be glad when I can give the chickens some organic veg scraps and weeds from my garden to stretch out the dollars a bit. And July and August are Japanese Beetle months. Free protein and pest control!
Used Dumor 50 lbs layer 5 yrs ago, was $13.99, now $20.99. Oh well...

Bought a 25# bag of Purina chick feed yesterday. The price went up over $2 from what it was last October when I last bought it. That's a huge jump in just a five months.

Back
Top Bottom