Feed prices 🤦‍♀️

I'm new to this and was buying expensive feed at TS BUT I finally made it to our local feed store where they make their own feed. I had tried feed after feed for my 10 week Olds and they wouldn't eat any of it. Went to the local feed store and got a 50lb bag and they LOVE it. I was soooo happy. The feed supply asked me a bunch of questions and picked one for me. I'm so happy to support local and so are my babies.

They can eat goat food? i didn’t know that! I payed 13
last time for the food I got them and a month later it’s 17 and yea, organic is off the table. I’m selling chicks now instead of eating the eggs. Since it’s the “chick season” it’s good money
No, they can't if you want them to more than just survive. It's not formulated for birds.

Anyone else notice these crazy increases? I cant buy organic anymore for my chickens it’s insane how much it went up, almost 7 dollars. This world is psycho
I guess we are lucky, we buy from a local feed store. Now we don't buy organic, but the pirces have remain relatively low for years. Our chick starter was $17 for a fifty pound bag last week. Layer feed was $15. That is marginally up over the last 4-5 years.

I decided I couldn't pay $30 for 40 lbs organic anymore either. I did find non-GMO Flock Raiser by Kalmbach that is about $19/50lbs. I'm ok with that for a compromise.

I'll be glad when I can give the chickens some organic veg scraps and weeds from my garden to stretch out the dollars a bit. And July and August are Japanese Beetle months. Free protein and pest control!
Used Dumor 50 lbs layer 5 yrs ago, was $13.99, now $20.99. Oh well...

Bought a 25# bag of Purina chick feed yesterday. The price went up over $2 from what it was last October when I last bought it. That's a huge jump in just a five months.

Back
Top Bottom