Feed sack recycling ideas??

Pics
6512EA88-5B08-406E-BD38-ED9378E6377A.jpeg

Well I guess now we need to figure out something artsy to do with chicken feathers. Jewelry? Hair ornaments, anyone?
I make greeting cards for sending out to family and friends using the tiny feathers and the down feathers I find laying around. First I print a hen or rooster outline on card stock, then I dab a tiny layer of glue (using the kind that comes with a beveled rubber cap, like we used in school in the 50’s and 60’s: yeah, I’m dating my age here), then I apply the feathers and down to fill in (I have a multi-coloured flock). Some say I should sell these, but I don’t have THAT much time on my hands for crafts, here on the farm.

During summer I gather the shavings from the chainsaw when we cut firewood and dry them fully on tarps in the sun, then I stuff feed bags with them for winterbedding refreshmant.
I use them for sawdust also. Cut up one sometimes two triaxle loads of logs every yr. I even attached feed bags one time to the chainsaw lol. Works great for bedding and putting in the nest boxes.

I make greeting cards for sending out to family and friends using the tiny feathers and the down feathers I find laying around. First I print a hen or rooster outline on card stock, then I dab a tiny layer of glue (using the kind that comes with a beveled rubber cap, like we used in school in the 50’s and 60’s: yeah, I’m dating my age here), then I apply the feathers and down to fill in (I have a multi-coloured flock). Some say I should sell these, but I don’t have THAT much time on my hands for crafts, here on the farm.
Hi, my name is Cheryl, and I am a featherholic. I hoard feathers. :oops:

I think yours is a cool idea. One day maybe I’ll find a use for all my feathers. :idunno

And PS, I fall into the same age range as you, based on your glue comment. :lau

Hi, my name is Cheryl, and I am a featherholic. I hoard feathers. :oops:

I think yours is a cool idea. One day maybe I’ll find a use for all my feathers. :idunno

And PS, I fall into the same age range as you, based on your glue comment. :lau
Mucilage, they used it in school in the 80's also. Didn't know it was still around/available?

does anyone have any ideas on what to do w/all the feed sacks one collects? I use a couple for recycling (cardboard, cans, #1 plastic), and I wipe off my dog food bags & use them for wrapping packages (inside out so I can use the blank side for addressing). Oh, and I use them as trash bags too.
I made bib aprons and shopping bags

Back
Top Bottom