Feed Store Chick Buying Guide

torilovessmiles

Songster
5 Years
Sep 19, 2014
Central West Virginia
I noticed a lot of people on a facebook group I'm in having some trouble with chicks at feed stores and not being sure what they have. I decided to write a guide on my blog about feed store chicks! I hope it helps some people! I'm just going to post the link here because I don't want to copy-paste the whole thing. http://backyard-barnyard.blogspot.com/2016/03/feed-store-chick-buying-guide.html

I hope this can help someone! :) Happy Chick Days!
jumpy.gif

That was a very good article! I would have loved to have this when o started out last year, very easy to understand! Great job!

Great articl. Wish I had this info this afternoon before I ordered my chicks. Going to see if I can change it tomorrow.

I'm happy you guys like it! I also shared it on reddit and got a few comments from first-time buyers that it was helpful! Hopefully I saved someone the heartache of raising a cornish X only to find out it's purpose and fate!

There could be a part 2 about how to pick out individual healthy chicks from the feed store!

Are there pics of your coop? The color and trim look so cool that I wanted to see more of it. I just found the pic of the cut-out heart steps.

Back
Top Bottom