Feed Store Chick Buying Guide

torilovessmiles

Songster
5 Years
Sep 19, 2014
Central West Virginia
I noticed a lot of people on a facebook group I'm in having some trouble with chicks at feed stores and not being sure what they have. I decided to write a guide on my blog about feed store chicks! I hope it helps some people! I'm just going to post the link here because I don't want to copy-paste the whole thing. http://backyard-barnyard.blogspot.com/2016/03/feed-store-chick-buying-guide.html

I hope this can help someone! :) Happy Chick Days!
jumpy.gif

Yeah, I don't know why that one bothers me so much. I guess it's not really hurting anything, it's just misleading and it kills me! I would love to get me some true Ameraucanas!

Yeah, it just seems so wrong to do that to people!!! And to me it is kinda wrong/harmful if they want a show bird. But then again near everyone going to feed stores just wants a pretty colored egg laying chicken and if they want show quality even if its a purebred like a buff orp they wouldn't get hatchery quality usually and would go to a breeder so technically its not harming anything but it just is really misleading and doesn't sit well with me either. Its lying

I don't think I've had a chick I hatched get pasty butt, but several from TSC. Especially the bantams. I wonder why! :confused:

I'm not sure!! Could be where they came from? And/or the stress of shipping and being in those bins with all those other chicks? Plus I did MHP with mine which seems better than the heat lamps

That was a very good article! I would have loved to have this when o started out last year, very easy to understand! Great job!

Great articl. Wish I had this info this afternoon before I ordered my chicks. Going to see if I can change it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom