Feed store chick with turquoise ear lobes!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jebyballard, May 29, 2012.

1. Jebyballard

Jebyballard In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    My foray to the feed store has bloomed into some of the weirdest chickens! I have a chicken that looks like a mutant out of star wars. I'm guessing she is a silkie or a sizzle. Bit the strangest thing about her is that she is buff/yellow with deep deep turquoise eat lobes. Now the only one weirder than her is another one with a black body and a white face with black earlobes. So am I going to get turquoise and black eggs?! Neither of these chickens lives look like a normal color like the other ones. Any thoughts?

2. CayleeMarie03

CayleeMarie03 Songster

May 12, 2012
    Well the one with turquoise earlobes is probably a silkie. They are desiving. The other one... Well Uhmm... I am not sure what is up with her!

3. kmatt87

kmatt87 Songster

Apr 13, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    pics?

4. Jebyballard

Jebyballard In the Brooder

May 8, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Any idea what breed this last one and the middle one are? I'd love to know!

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Crowing

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    buff silkie cream to white eggs pinkish white feet bottoms= australrop yellow = jersey giant if the black is LF brown eggs and the last looks like a faveorlles maybe how many toes?

6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    My Easter egger hens have green earlobes. They also lay green eggs. :)

7. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    You have a buff Silkie (irridescent earlobes are totally normal for them), and either a Jersey Giant, or Australorp. If you look closely at your black one, you'll notice that those are just a patch of feathers, not her actual earlobes. They will come in more when she reddens up for laying.

Last edited: May 30, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: